MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE CONSTITUTION

Overview - here we debate or dicuss the laws of our Repupublic.

<< < (2/17) > >>

Michael Bush:
>I can see how anti-gunners see a 4 day standoff with the police situations. Why (they will ask) does anyone have enough weapons and ammo to face off with the police and it be a stalemate gun for gun.

Of course, in Mexico where guns are much more controlled, there are no standoffs and no violence...  ;) Yes, I see how they get to their erroneous and illogical conclusions... by emotion and only seeing things in simplistic one to one relationships...

Richard M:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 30, 2014, 01:55:09 pm ---

Of course, in Mexico where guns are much more controlled, there are no standoffs and no violence...  ;) Yes, I see how they get to their erroneous and illogical conclusions... by emotion and only seeing things in simplistic one to one relationships...

--- End quote ---

So where do the Mexicans buy their guns?

Michael Bush:
>So where do the Mexicans buy their guns?

From our ATF and FBI...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

jalentour:
kathyp and michael bush, I agree.

Beemaster, I would like to point out that the beginning of the Ferguson protests were about overwhelming police force responding to the the rioters.  The police arrived in what was described in battle gear, armored vehicles, and AR-15's with long range scopes observing the protest.  Later anarchists took over and we all know the rest of the story.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a law and order guy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-reinbach/what-happened-to-protect-_b_6282012.html

I just want to point out that the police are becoming militarized in this country.  Much of it is surplus material from Afganistan and Iraq.  You don't have to look far to find stories of small towns receiving APC's and automatic AR's. 
Many police forces have "overwhelming force" policies as their treatment toward dangerous standoffs. 

I know I am going to be attacked by many for my opinion, but the local police have no business being militarized.  Some would say it's OK since they are getting bad guys.  It is not.  It is a matter of time until those militarized police forces start to take more and more of our rights away. 

You or your children or your grand children may face a militarized police force willingly under the direction of a powerful anti gun politician.   What are you going to do then?  Have you read stories of how Maryland law enforcement are pulling over our of state conceal carry licensees?  They scan license plates, pull them over, and toss them in jail (even if their gun is at home).  It's starting now.
http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/01/02/gun-owners-fear-police-targeting-maryland/

We are never again going to see the day were a Barney Fife carries one bullet in his shirt and Andy can talk his way with all the country folk.  Police forces should be well armed and have efficient tactical plans for their community, especially in the bigger cities.  The should have the best body armour, dash board cams and But for the rest of suburban and rural America, we don't need that.  There is nothing good that will come from a militarized police force.

I say it is not enough to say "I support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights."  We must be active politically on local, regional and national levels.  It is not enough to pay your one year renewal to the NRA every year, you must actively vet the politicians at every level.
(Especially those school boards).

Going back to kathyp and michael bush, all of our Rights are equal and they must be protected equally.  Equally and actively with diligence.  God Bless America.

Thank you for reading my rant, I'm headed downstairs to reload some brass and shoot some steel next week.

beemaster:
JV

Without retracing my words, I agree pretty much with everything you say. I've seen documentaries on the weapons our Federal government is passing down and then distributed further to local departments - I think it is inevitable, for one reason that has nothing in particular to do with armored vehicles, long rang high caliber weapons and full night visibility gear, etc.

You mention the issue. Our government buys "stuff", and stuff rolls out of vogue in the field and then the dilemma occurs - for that I have two examples from my own military base I have worked at for 26 years.

A rule the Feds live by is an EMPTY BUILDING ( example the power plant I started at and worked in for 13 years ) was decommissioned - it was stripped of all reusable and spare parts and equipment and there is no power, no water - nothing as far as services in this building.  BUT, this building has a ANNUAL COST because it exists, even though NOTHING is done to keep it from literally falling down. It has cost to "operate" because of ONE REASON - it exists.

This is the same fore all equipment trickled down to local police, if not at least to Staties. Getting it out of the Fed's hands STOP the cost of possessing these items. It's like owning a great Dane, costs a fortune to feed it, so give it to you neighbors and it's food cost can go to the electric bill.

The second example was in 1998 the base's admin building was slated for total refurbishment, and it was at nearly 1.5 million - a complete refurb with several hundred huge windows. At the same time, the same Planning and Estimators decided that the building wasn't worth refurbishing and it would be cheaper to MOVE the admin operation to another building repaired two years earlier, like dominoes people and jobs were moved building to building throughout the base.

So.... The Refurbished admin building sat empty for several months until finally one week, all the new windows were removed, other things inside I'm sure were taken out and reallocated THEN the building was torn down - because the cost of having this empty windowless building was too costly to have empty, especially on the huge section of land it took up. Total time from refurbish to rubble 5 to 6 months.

MY POINT - the Feds have chosen the path of "It is NOT cheaper to keep her" they give away stuff to states, and now it's the states problem, and they likely try to spread it out where best needed - hopefully troopers, National Guard and LIKE YOU, I think my local police having a tank and a dozen 50 cal equipped Humvees is not what any of us need. Pretty much everywhere you can have this equipment delivered with the people trained to use them in desperate situations. But I don't think any of this will STOP a police state. And I stick by my belief that you will see such equipment ALWAYS brought out during times when race haters want to rile citizens and yes thugs from neighboring towns there to stir the pot - it is inevitable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version