Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mercury Outboard - Four Stroke  (Read 10300 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Mercury Outboard - Four Stroke
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2022, 08:55:05 am »
Jim,
Several of our gas stations sell ethanol free, usually it is just one pump that only sells this.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2022, 09:36:42 am »
My son used to work at a junk yard. Twenty year old carburetor full of dried yellow varnish can be cleaned up and will run. Newer stuff since ethanol nothing to do but throw them away. Ethanol is evil nasty stuff in anything that sits for any length of time. OK in daily drivers that were designed for it. Chain saw & weed eaters never! Riding mower some times gets cheaper ethanol gas in the spring and early summer then several tank full of real gas before it sits for the winter.

Used to be hard to find ethanol free around me until both near by Walmart's added a Murphy Express out front. pure-gas.org will help you find the nearest station.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2022, 11:13:50 am »
Jim,
Several of our gas stations sell ethanol free, usually it is just one pump that only sells this.
Jim Altmiller

It is not so easy to find in my area. One would think that with so much lawn equipment here, it would be easier to find.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2022, 11:14:34 am »
Thanks William!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 02:35:21 pm »
Yeah, 50 bucks a gallon.  You might as well buy a new weed whacker every year.  The bottom line is the carb though.  Just open up the jets and you are good to go.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2022, 07:56:52 am »
I use gasoline with no ethanol during the first half or more of the season.  Then I try to time it to end up with a tankful of the TruFuel going into winter.  It's nice to have them work in the spring. :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything