Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Homeland security and your weapons  (Read 3460 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Homeland security and your weapons
« on: June 15, 2016, 12:55:13 pm »
 Old Jeh just informed us that "gun violence" is a homeland security problem.  Homeland has a huge amount of authority to do all kinds of things that might not be done easily by either the president or congress....or even the courts.

If Obama, by way of Homeland, decides that guns are a problem we may see some action from them soon.  Anyone contemplating a shopping trip might want to get at it.  I can't see any of this ending well for gun owners, especially if Hillary is allowed to carry on the policies of the current prez. 

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Homeland security and your weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:17 pm »
Obama's favorite saying, "Never let a good crises go to waste". This is what they have been waiting for. Back in 2008, Obama made Home Land security delete all of their records on Idiots like this guy.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:25 pm »
A lot of Americans use to fear that they would come for the guns, now a lot of Americans dare them to come for the guns.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 01:09:55 am »
May have to separate mine, those that are and aren't registered and the shell to go with them.  At least most aren't.

Joe D

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:43:20 pm »
May have to separate mine

That's not a bad idea
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »
I don't think much will come of this because it never has before. In a few weeks we will be on to our newest news story.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:31:45 pm »
I asked a friend who has a gun shop about the application for gun purchases here in GA. He said that the application form does not show what gun was purchased only request to buy a gun.  He also stated that if asked for information that the stores don't keep individual records of who bought what. They only retain the application on-site for three years then they are destroyed. So if they come I have sold them due to income loss. And don't have record of them. If they want to search they better have warrent and army with them.

John

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 04:10:41 pm »
Joe/Kathy, There's a saying going around. If it's time to hide your weapons, it's time to use them.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything