Welcome, Guest

Poll

How do we find a used hive for sale near Wichita Kansas

Puchase used bee hive
1 (100%)
Wichita Kansas area
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Want to start bee keeping as a family hobbie - Wichita Kansas  (Read 6438 times)

Offline mharmon777

• Brood
Want to start bee keeping has a family hobbie. Had a bee hive many years ago, would like to buy one used and begin again.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: Want to start bee keeping as a family hobbie - Wichita Kansas
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:16:55 am »
Welcome to the forum.
To begin with I would not buy used bee boxes, "Unless" I was buying a complete hive/colony with bees.
Buy new boxes and order a 3 lb. package.
Another way is to order/buy new boxes and try to harvest a swarm.
Also you are in an area where  the "BOOGIE MAN" hangs out. HMO crops. :-D :( ;)
Happy hunting and good luck.
doak

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:48:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Not sure how to respond to your poll but if you are looking for an established hive or bees in general you need to find another beekeeper close by. Hopefully one that can get you up and running, give some advice and share notes with.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:10 pm »
If you go to the forums on www.beesource.com and PM Bullseye Bill, he is in Wichita.  He might be able to steer you to a used hive.  He might even have one for sale.  Who knows.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
mharmon777.  Welcome to our forum, hope you still around for a little while.  This is a great place to spend some time, learn lots, ask lots of questions.  If you are going to stick around, tell us a little bit about yourself in the greetings forum.  We love to hear what new members are up to, we are a curious and friendly group (well, I am probably the most curious one, some may call me downright plain and simply nosey, but that is OK, that is me).  Enjoy your stay with us.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 10:48:20 am »
Find a local beekeepers association and join it.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

anything