Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bookkeeping  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
Bookkeeping
« on: December 08, 2021, 06:27:30 pm »
I really need to find a better way to keep my books. other than the pencil/paper, excel method. Its killing me. I have Quickbooks Pro, but am having issues using as Ag. and tracking inventory put into retail sales. Any info would be appreciated.
Bill

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Bookkeeping
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:24:19 am »
You have to balance the cost of keeping track of everything vs. automating the process.  Spreadsheets work well with digital recording but get wildly with volume.  Cash register and software get expensive so not so good for the little guy.  Are you working with an accountant?  The accountant should guide you on what is important so you are not wasting your time.
I personally would not worry about inventory management unless your sales are above 20K but do as your accountant suggest.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline bzzy

• Brood
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 11:21:25 am »
I don't know if your revenues would justify it, but I am impressed with the suite of tools provided by Square (the credit-card processing company) http://squareup.com  it is expensive, at $79 / mo, but I only pay for it when I need it during the Christmas Holiday Charity Fair season.  My goal in using it is to cover all my costs, as I donate the profits to whatever church is hosting the fair.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 09:12:11 pm »
Bzzy,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 07:10:25 am »
I use sumup for credit processing. the rate was comparable to other pos companies, I dont need an I phone and there was no fees added to the percentage. My opinion is cash is still king, and credit cards are a scourge, but taking them has become necessary.My bookkeeper helped set most of this up, I am just trying to track some probably insignificant items a little deeper that are only important to me.  I also decided im just going to bite the bullet and pay for a few hrs of my accountants time.
Thanks for the input.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 08:26:59 am »
I also decided im just going to bite the bullet and pay for a few hrs of my accountants time.
Now you are getting smart.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 04:30:19 am »
We run MYOB for tax purposes
For the bees business
1 How many tons of honey are in the shed, do i know exactly, maybe not but if it is greater than 5 ton i don't worry.
2 What is the bank balance
3 What is the average monthly return from farmer markets
4 Is what i want to spend less than the bank balance
5 if not less then how many months do i need to wait to cover my spending.
A big almond pollination payment helps to float the year.
Don't buy it unless you can pay for it.