Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Does putting a metal spoon in real honey damage it?  (Read 33911 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Does putting a metal spoon in real honey damage it?
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2023, 09:57:54 pm »
Animal, When I was a kid we had a girl move here, (to our school), from Michigan. She also called it pop. I haven?t thought of that in years.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2023, 10:44:31 pm »
This got me thinking about my granddad. He told me they called it pop or soda pop because to open it you would "pop" the wire sticking out of the top to "knock the cork inside"... Never actually seen one ...so I tried to look it up ... took awhile ... apparently it wasn't a cork, but a metal disc with a rubber seal and called a "Hutchenson stopper".
My kids were nuts for Ramune .. stoppered with a marble in kinda the same way ... turns out this is a version of a pop bottle popular in the UK and Australia back in the day. (Codd bottle)
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2023, 11:26:10 pm »
I had never seen this Animal. Thumbs Up...
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2023, 10:15:53 am »
    And do you remember calling the local store and asking if they had "pop in a can"?
jimmy

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2023, 03:13:03 pm »
"THE" can , Jimmy ... and never a call .. in person to the cashier :grin: .. get to see the look on their face that way, and sometimes learn new words as a kid. Prince Albert gag too ... buying tobacco as a 6 year old .. all you had to do was say your dad sent you to pick it up and you were golden .. never worked with beer, tho.

I wonder if Ace has realized yet that his "uncured bacon" is partially cured ... by being "seasoned" with celery juice powder and salt

Celery juice powder is high in nitrates ... if fermented with natural bacteria before drying, high in nitrites too .. and still considered a "seasoning" :wink:
gotta read them packages ...

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2023, 08:53:52 am »
I wonder if Ace has realized yet that his "uncured bacon" is partially cured ... by being "seasoned" with celery juice powder and salt
It is always about concentration isn't it?  You need water and salt to live but you can drink and eat enough to kill you.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 10:58:30 am »
Cancer is more about odds and chance. You can increase or decrease your odds, but you can't escape the dice rolls. One guy might smoke a pack of cigs every day of his life and die at 90 in a car wreck. Another 25 year old might have never smoked and die of lung cancer. Both beat the odds, or won the lottery so to speak.
All we can do is place our bets according to what we want and are willing to give up, decide if the odds are worth it ... and roll 'em.
That goes for pretty much everything, not just cancer. Ultimately, death is the only life experience that's guaranteed.  :grin:

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 11:51:33 am »
Ultimately, death is the only life experience that's guaranteed.  :grin:
Evading your taxes, animal?  :wink: :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 12:09:24 pm »
 :cheesy:

I would like to lodge an official complaint !  This site desperately needs the emoji with the halo above it !  :wink:

"When the federal government uses tax money to further the destruction of the nation, it is the patriotic duty of every citizen to avoid paying taxes." (not gonna cite source)

and pretty sure "avoid" was used for legal reasons ... :grin:

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2023, 09:06:10 am »
Cancer is more about odds and chance. You can increase or decrease your odds, but you can't escape the dice rolls. One guy might smoke a pack of cigs every day of his life and die at 90 in a car wreck. Another 25 year old might have never smoked and die of lung cancer. Both beat the odds, or won the lottery so to speak.
All we can do is place our bets according to what we want and are willing to give up, decide if the odds are worth it ... and roll 'em.
That goes for pretty much everything, not just cancer. Ultimately, death is the only life experience that's guaranteed.  :grin:
Except that intelligence and taking heed greatly increases life expectancy.  No guarantees on an individual basis but exceptional outcomes on a statistical basis.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2023, 09:45:31 am »
:cheesy:

I would like to lodge an official complaint !  This site desperately needs the emoji with the halo above it !  :wink:

"When the federal government uses tax money to further the destruction of the nation, it is the patriotic duty of every citizen to avoid paying taxes." (not gonna cite source)

and pretty sure "avoid" was used for legal reasons ... :grin:

Animal,
If you use your iPhone, you can use all of the emojis on the phone. That is where I get them from.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2023, 11:55:28 am »
😇

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2023, 12:31:41 pm »
Animal,
If you use your iPhone, you can use all of the emojis on the phone. That is where I get them from.
Jim Altmiller
Just be aware that many of Apple's emojis will not render on a PC.  The "normal" ones usually do, but newer ones usually don't. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2023, 12:41:33 pm »
I have a Mac PC and I do not doubt you Reagan. So far I've not had any trouble using emojis offered on my PC, but I do not seek those often..
The halo works fine from the PC or iPhone.. The one I posted above was from my phone. This one is from my PC...
😇

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2023, 01:11:29 pm »
I have a Mac PC and I do not doubt you Reagan. So far I've not had any trouble using emojis offered on my PC, but I do not seek those often..
The halo works fine from the PC or iPhone.. The one I posted above was from my phone. This one is from my PC...
😇
What I mean is a computer running Windows.  Generally Apple computers aren't referred to as PCs.  On my laptop (which I use about half the time for reading on Beemaster and almost all the time for posting) I can see the halo emoji, although it's not rendering in color.  But oftentimes all I can see is a box.   

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2023, 01:37:22 pm »
😇
What I mean is a computer running Windows.  Generally Apple computers aren't referred to as PCs.  On my laptop (which I use about half the time for reading on Beemaster and almost all the time for posting) I can see the halo emoji, although it's not rendering in color.  But oftentimes all I can see is a box.   

The way I bring up emojis on my Mac PC by apple, is by simultaneously pressing 'option', 'command', and 'spacer bar'. From there is a wide assortment of emojis are offered ..

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2023, 02:35:15 pm »
Except that intelligence and taking heed greatly increases life expectancy.  No guarantees on an individual basis but exceptional (measurable) outcomes on a statistical basis.
There, fixed it.  ... imo. ... started to say that I fully agreed with you but my internet went down and had time to think. (Xfinity sucks sometimes)
Maximizing time is fine if that's what you value most, but that's not the focus of everyone (not me, for sure). What I am for is for everyone to be well informed of risks so that they can make the best decisions  for themselves ... according to the things they value. That also requires clear and communicable definitions of things and processes to keep us honest with others and ourselves.

My generic hope for people is that they live their best life according to their own values without interfering with others living theirs. Personally, time has had little to with it in my life. Anyway, best to you.

Beemaster, I was just kidding, but thanks. I use cheap androids because I tend to destroy them ... currently on my third phone this year.  :embarassed:

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2023, 02:39:23 pm »
test
tried a steal, worked at first but then disappeared. bummer

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 03:02:38 pm by animal »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2023, 04:41:23 pm »
Beemaster, I was just kidding, but thanks.

I took it that you were kidding but the information might be helpful to someone in the future... 🤷🏻‍♂️ Can never tell. 😊

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 05:00:36 pm by Ben Framed »