Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Its Election Day  (Read 3178 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Its Election Day
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:34:53 pm »
Did you vote. If not please do. A lot of people died so that you have this right and all of the other right that are in the constitution.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Its Election Day
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:53:52 pm »
NC has early voting. I was busy the first day, but voted the second day of early voting.

I went in today and told them I had my death certificate for ID, but they said I was registered Republican, and only Democrats could use D.Cs for ID.   :wink:   :angry:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:06:57 pm »
>only Democrats could use D.Cs for ID

:)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 06:07:52 pm »
ours is all vote by mail so mine is done and turned in.  I objected to the system for a long time, but it does seem to be working and you can't hack paper.  Sure, cousin Bob might fill in uncle Joes ballot and get him to sign the security envelope, but for the most part, it seems to be a good system.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 07:21:44 pm »
Here in Dallas, we read in the newspaper about large numbers of vote-by-mail ballots being requested to be sent to the same residential address.  Never read about anything being done about it, but there's still "no voter fraud proved" in Dallas County.  Some people "help" large numbers of older people to vote (some of whom later say they didn't vote), but there's "no voter fraud proved in Dallas County". Some people go to the polls to vote and are turned away because they "have already voted," but there's "no proof of voter fraud in Dallas County".   

I like going to the polling place and seeing what the traffic looks like.  Today seemed very light, but I may have been there during a lull.  I hope that is the case, or that most people voted early.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 07:54:13 pm »
Some people "help" large numbers of older people to vote

Unfortunately, no system is foolproof.  Both our sons used to get ballots sent here for Oregon even after they had moved and registered elsewhere.  If they had voted twice, no one would have known.  That's one place where todays tech could be used.  When someone registers to vote in a new state, there's no reason the old state can't be notified.  There are people who have residences in multiple states and could register to vote in multiple states.  What is to stop them?

We trust that most people are honest, but those days are probably well past. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 01:14:00 pm »
Some people "help" large numbers of older people to vote

Unfortunately, no system is foolproof.  Both our sons used to get ballots sent here for Oregon even after they had moved and registered elsewhere.  If they had voted twice, no one would have known.  That's one place where todays tech could be used.  When someone registers to vote in a new state, there's no reason the old state can't be notified.  There are people who have residences in multiple states and could register to vote in multiple states.  What is to stop them?

We trust that most people are honest, but those days are probably well past.

True there's help and there's "help".  My point was that when you have people with failing faculties being helped by a person with partisan motives, the "helper" is in fact casting multiple ballots.  Real help is recording on the ballot the voter's actual intent, whether or not the helper agrees with it.  I haveno problem with that.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944