Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ultra breeze vs golden bee jackets  (Read 2860 times)

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
ultra breeze vs golden bee jackets
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »
Okay, let's hear it the best features of each and if any the cons. I usually go without but yesterday's cut out was the final straw, two on the face. My main concern is keeping my ugly mug from getting even uglier. The two main points that I am looking for is that the veil does not rest against my nose and that the veil/head piece  moves with me, particularly for overhead work during cut outs.
My current veil is not cutting it for overhead work. I turn my head up and get nothing but the top of the hat. Also, which is better for getting my head into the tight spots like between joists and up into soffits.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Re: ultra breeze vs golden bee jackets
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:32:02 pm »
Recently there was the exact question on a thread! Had several pro's and con's from jp,mb and the likes.

Seems i remember someone mentioning getting in tighter spaces with the ultra breeze. Also ultra breeze makes just a jacket alot prefer. I have been wanting one but just ain't come off the change. My betterbee $44 dollar has last me five seasons with my causal use. But it is now shreds.
John 3:16

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:12 pm »
    I don't know anything about the Golden Bee suits.  I have the Ultra-Breeze jacket and love it.  I have been on cutouts and worked some hot hives with other folks and have not had any problems with vision or feeling the slightest breeze.  It is heavier than other jackets, but I'm not fiddling with the hat/helmet and can wear a sweatband with out the hat pushing it down like my other helmet/hat and veils do.  If I need a little extra sun protection I wear a baseball cap (once). 
     Saving my pennies for another jacket and suit for the family and one more jacket for myself.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 08:51:12 pm »
david, i can't tell you about the ultra-breeze jacket,but i do have a golden bee jacket and its amazing how cool it is when doing cut outs , well the times i used it.i use it with a cap on and you can see real good through of the vail. i have been in some very tight spots with it and had no problem.     schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything