Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: G'day from Vacy, Australia  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Buckscreek

• New Bee
G'day from Vacy, Australia
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:12:23 am »
Hi all,

Just joined the forum, from the lower Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia. I've recently bought 8 hives after playing with bees for a year or so. These new hives are cranky and all brood  boxes need repair work or replacement. Some supers need work as well. A mix of 1 & 2 supers on very strong colonies,  nearly ful of honey. Lots of work to do, but hey, everyone needs a challenge, right? My older boxes are calmer, I've requeened some time ago and they're fun to work with.

So, I'm desperate for some 8 frame boxes to get on top of this reboxing work before Winter. Anyone close by who has some for sale? I'm busy making new bottom boards and lids and have a supply of frames to go on with, but don't have the time to make/treat/paint new boxes from scratch.

Thanks,

Joe.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: G'day from Vacy, Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:42 am »
Welcome to BeeMaster.
Good luck getting a bunch of 8 frame boxes. Short of buying them new, it would be tough finding 8 frame boxes here.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:34:55 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:34:31 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:55:05 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I hope you find those boxes.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012