ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

For CoolBees 30WCF and GWW

<< < (4/4)

CoolBees:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on December 16, 2021, 12:07:09 am ---
While we are at it, I could use a little help getting myself an elk.

--- End quote ---

Well - come on up hunting then. Elk are never a guarantee, but we've gotten plenty of them.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on December 16, 2021, 12:06:02 am ---I could handle that. Might be a bit developed for me though. Probably would have to run Hank out of town and take over his ranch.

It?s funny that the aerial shots were probably a big deal and used a plane or helicopter. Now any old joe can do that with a drone from Walmart, but that was big time not so long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know. I did not realize he fell from such a high altitude. I had heard it was 200 plus feet, even that boggles my little brain that he could survive from that height... This time 'A country boy did survive!'   
That had to be an act of God?
Maybe you can hook up with Alan and post some good pictures of that Elk Hunt! That would be awesome!

The15thMember:
I am laughing so hard!  Somehow this conversation went from a hypothetical hunting trip to a quick draw contest!!  :cheesy: :cheesy:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on December 16, 2021, 02:09:21 am ---
--- Quote from: .30WCF on December 16, 2021, 12:06:02 am ---I could handle that. Might be a bit developed for me though. Probably would have to run Hank out of town and take over his ranch.

It?s funny that the aerial shots were probably a big deal and used a plane or helicopter. Now any old joe can do that with a drone from Walmart, but that was big time not so long ago.

--- End quote ---

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know.

--- End quote ---
Have you ever noticed how in old footage the herds are always running, but now that drones are used the animals are just grazing?  Back when those helicopter shots were all you saw, the majesty of the herd in motion was what struck me, but now that you see drone footage where the animals aren't affected by the camera, all I can think about is how terrified the running animals are of the helicopter in the older footage.  Kind of ruins the moment for me.   

.30WCF:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on December 16, 2021, 11:04:37 am ---I am laughing so hard!  Somehow this conversation went from a hypothetical hunting trip to a quick draw contest!!  :cheesy: :cheesy:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on December 16, 2021, 02:09:21 am ---

--- End quote ---

Yea 30 I am thinking you are right about the plane or helicopter. I believe that was filmed back in the late 80's and if so, I don't think there were drones available back then but I really don't know.

--- End quote ---
Have you ever noticed how in old footage the herds are always running, but now that drones are used the animals are just grazing?  Back when those helicopter shots were all you saw, the majesty of the herd in motion was what struck me, but now that you see drone footage where the animals aren't affected by the camera, all I can think about is how terrified the running animals are of the helicopter in the older footage.  Kind of ruins the moment for me.   

--- End quote ---
They aren?t running from the drone, but I?m sure they are watching it thinking, ? man that?s a big A horsefly, that thing better not come near me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version