Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ghost Guns  (Read 25411 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Ghost Guns
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2021, 12:48:09 pm »
That is the myth that white people believe.

Why do you think that?  It very much depends on where you live.  If the area you live in is majority minority then most of the crimes are going to be committed by minorities.  If it is mostly white, most of the crimes are going to be committed by whites. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/424141/prevalence-rate-of-violent-crime-in-the-us-by-ethnicity/

Statistics can be skewed by small areas.  If you were to remove those areas (Chicago, Philadelphia, NYC, as examples) the statistics would look different.

Not anymore

we never were and we should be glad of it.  As you pointed out in another post, small areas of dense populations can impose their will on everyone else.  They do it now, but think how much worse it could be if we were a democracy. 

why do so many people react when accused of "racisim"?

It used to mean something.  It no longer has meaning because it has been thrown around by everyone for everything.  Lori Lightfoot is a good example.  If anyone disagrees with her she rotates her accusation between RACIST, homophobe, and misogynist.  Same when Obama was in office.  Disagree with his policies and you were RACIST.

Now, with CRT, we are teaching our kids that they are racist oppressors from birth if they are white. If they are a minority, they are oppressed at birth. Minority?  Having a struggle?  Not to worry, you are not responsible.  You are oppressed.
 We are teaching our children to judge each other according to the color of their skin.  Anyone care to predict the outcome of this teaching?

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

salvo

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2021, 01:38:30 pm »
Hi Folks,

Ben hit the nail on the head when he said: I suspect you are white with a guilty conscience for something in YOUR past.

I think this is our man, From Linkedin:

Apartment Management
Laral Management Company
Jan 2013 - Present8 years 5 months

Clinton, NY

I am presently managing 48 up scaled units in Clinton,NY. This involves the care and maintenance of the facility along with renovating and renting vacant apartments.

Cardinal Services Graphic
Owner
Cardinal Services
Oct 2009 - Present11 years 8 months

Utica, New York Area

For the past two years I have been doing renovations on a piece of income property and taking side jobs as they come along. I have the skill sets required for any residential construction.

My how he had to discriminate. Perhaps some of his renovation jobs were a bit, ummm, up close and  personal.

White Privilege. UPSCALE. Now retired. ANGER! GUILT! SHAME!

But this is all just a guess.

Sal

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2021, 04:01:55 pm »
That is the myth that white people believe.

Why do you think that?
Because white people do not look out of place, do not get prosecuted for the same crimes anywhere near the numbers that non white people do, and generally are not mistrusted.  Yet you are more apt to get swindled or robbed by a white person then a non white person.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2021, 04:12:14 pm »
> Because white people do not look out of place

Brian what are you talking about now? Do not look out of place where?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2021, 10:20:06 pm »
Because white people do not look out of place, do not get prosecuted for the same crimes anywhere near the numbers that non white people do, and generally are not mistrusted.  Yet you are more apt to get swindled or robbed by a white person then a non white person.

Do you have some stats to back any of that up?

Look out of place where? 

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2021, 07:22:28 am »
More gibberish, with no substance. Opposite all truth.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2021, 08:52:03 am »
> Because white people do not look out of place

Brian what are you talking about now? Do not look out of place where?
Reference to something Kathy said in another post.
"if you see something say something"  How quickly we forget.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2021, 11:31:33 am »
"if you see something say something"  How quickly we forget.

That's why I asked "where".  Forget about a black person looking out of place in a town with no black people.  How about a white person looking out of place in an all black neighborhood.  Would that not draw attention?

The more important question was about the statistics you would use to back up the claims you made. 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2021, 01:06:41 pm »
How about a white person looking out of place in an all black neighborhood.  Would that not draw attention?
No. That is what racism is.  The white people are there with guns to control what the black people do.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2021, 01:43:47 pm »
The more important question was about the statistics you would use to back up the claims you made.
6. Rural states see more burglaries than those with big metropolitan hubs.
You?d expect that New York and California might have more burglaries per capita, but they?re actually near the bottom of the list.

In fact, New Mexico is the most burglarized state in the US, along with other rural states including Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.6

In 2019, New Mexico had 697 burglaries per 100,000 people compared to New York, where there were only 142 burglaries per 100,000.
https://www.safewise.com/blog/8-surprising-home-burglary-statistics/#Rural_burglary
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2021, 02:26:05 pm »
No. That is what racism is.  The white people are there with guns to control what the black people do.

You are kind of an idiot sometimes.  You do know that black people own guns too, right?  Why do you think they own guns?

Also not sure what your post about rural burglaries has to do with crime stats and your assertions about who is arrested and why.  Try again if you wish.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »
Though some of the things done and said by the left might not look so kosher, or might even look idiotic to common sense folks. It may not be the way it seems or looks. It has been part of strategy since the beginning conception of world domination of communism, marxism, fascism, or any other disguised name they may call themselves. The strategy is to set good honest hard working people against one another. Whether via race baiting, economic, or any other means to cause strife and division between people of a nation. Their goal is to broadcast bunkum of hate and confusion in hopes, enough will listen and believe strongly enough to this propaganda to cause civil unrest. Then they boldly move in and pick up the pieces of a broken government that they themselves cleverly engineered the brokenness of. Quite clever really; but evil. That is part of the reason Ronald Reagan (named) the Soviet Union >the evil empire<. If one reads his writings, and the writings of other patriotic loyal Americans, this is common knowledge.
Some spread and repeat such hate bunkum because they themselves are a part of this strategy, while others are folks with good intentions, who have been sucked in by the evil cleverness of such connivers. We know no mans heart; but God does.... 

Matthew 12:25
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 05:56:29 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:28 am »
Also not sure what your post about rural burglaries has to do with crime stats and your assertions about who is arrested and why.  Try again if you wish.
I will dumb it down for you.  People from rural areas believe that somehow a black person is going to find a way to come out to the rural area and rob you.  In reality it is more likely that someone from their own community will rob them.  Most of my neighbors have guns, fences, gates, dogs and signs of no trespassing.  It is very unlikely they would shoot a white neighbor but if a black neighbor were to touch their gate I am not too sure.  Robberies occur for the most part when you are not at home.  The guns, fences, gates, dogs and signs are useless during a robbery because you are not there.  They know you are not there because you broadcast on FB where you are.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:20 am »
The strategy is to set good honest hard working people against one another. Whether via race baiting, economic, or any other means to cause strife and division between people of a nation. Their goal is to broadcast bunkum of hate and confusion in hopes, enough will listen and believe strongly enough to this propaganda to cause civil unrest. Then they boldly move in and pick up the pieces of a broken government that they themselves cleverly engineered the brokenness of.
                                                                                                                                                                              .
This is the exact plan Trump used to get into the white house.  As he got more insane from the newly acquired power the sway vote got enlightened to what he was up to and it flipped during the reelection try four years later.  The radicals like the ones that stormed the capital will always be radicals.  But three hundred of them are locked up now and Trump lost his twitter and FB account so the media doesn't have to cover his insanity anymore.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2021, 09:47:28 am »
So you think Trump was a race divider? Was out to destroy America for his own personal gain?  I do not know Trumps heart. He may be the monster you portray him to be. I will ask you, when did he race bait our citizens? What part of his economic plan left out any group of citizen, including minorities? Did his economic plan hurt or help the majority of American Citizens?
Now let's look at the left during this same period of time. During this same four years what good did they do to help with the economy, bring folks together, or promote good will for we citizens? For that matter, when did they do anything good that helped America prosper?  (what good are they doing now) They were and are good at; constantly spewing hate and division  24/7. 

Let's look at Biden in his first four months. Yes months not years..... Pitiful

.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:16:38 am by Ben Framed »

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
People from rural areas believe that somehow a black person is going to find a way to come out to the rural area and rob you.

I love reading your posts in the morning and I have learned to put my coffee down before I do so!

No, a lot of people in both rural and urban areas understand that crime happens and that they are responsible for protecting their own.  This is especially true if you live in a rural area where police are not going to be able to respond quickly.  If you think someone is going to make a decision on shoot or don't shoot based on race when someone is kicking down the door, you are mistaken. 

But again, you make assertions and have nothing to back them up.  I have known people like you.  You create a story in your head and it becomes your reality. 

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2021, 12:03:05 pm »
If I have the skills (which I don't, neither do most people, particularly a 5 year old),
  The 5 year old doesn't have the skill until I teach him.  The point is the 5 year old has the capability.
PS,  when you do teach that 5 year old to build a kit gun, be certain you permanently apply your serial number so that you are Legal!

I don't need to be legal the 5 year old does and the 5 year old can't be prosecuted as an adult.  So here again we have another loop hole. :wink:
These are perhaps the most inane comments you have ever made.
First of all, a 5 year old doesn't have the fine motor skills nor the physical strength to use the tools required machine a Lincoln Log, let alone the close tolerances of a receiver.
 2nd, As the adult, you would be in charge of the production, not the child.  You would be held liable for any and all legalities attached.
Loophole my foot! I am so sick and tired of the left's gross misuse of that term!
I wish you would wake up.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2021, 12:15:30 pm »
This is the exact plan Trump used to get into the white house.  As he got more insane from the newly acquired power the sway vote got enlightened to what he was up to and it flipped during the reelection try four years later.  The radicals like the ones that stormed the capital will always be radicals.  But three hundred of them are locked up now and Trump lost his twitter and FB account so the media doesn't have to cover his insanity anymore.

We had 8 years of Obama making race an issue in ways we have not seen since the 60s.  Not surprising since the church he chose to sit in for 20 years was a Black Liberation Theology teaching church and it is racist.
  We then had 4 years of people screaming racist over everything from border security to out of context comments.
This has been followed by the Biden admin instituting actual racist policies from pushing CRT in schools to passing out money to people based on race.

I challenge you to defend the actual racist words and policies of the man now in office. 

I'll not rehash the election with you except to point out that Trumps minority support numbers went up, not down, in the second election.  I can tell you what I was told by a black friend who voted for Trump both times and this was the first non-democrat he'd ever supported.  In the first election, he heard Trump say "What do you have to lose" and he realized he had nothing to lose because no one he'd ever voted for had kept their word.
In the second election he voted for Trump because he saw real results where he lived and worked. 

Interesting that you bring up the people who have been held since the capital riot.  Why have they been held without bail?  The capital is a federal building like any other federal building.  It houses the employees of the people of the United States.  It is no more or less than any other federal building.

If we have equal protection under the law, then laws have to be applied equally, right?  How many federal buildings have been attacked in the last year and how many times?  You can take my state as just one example.  Google it.  What happened to the people who tried to do things like set the federal courthouse on fire?  You can google that too.

How can you have 100s of people put in jail with no bail options, most of them for things like trespassing (in their own building), yet have 100s of people never even charged for trying to destroy occupied federal buildings in other places?

Is this an equal application of the law?

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2021, 01:14:40 pm »
All the other federal buildings were not breached to install someone to power against the will of the people who had just spoken.  What they were doing was more akin to what benidict arnold was doing and and treasonous.  The crime was worse and so the treatment is worse so far.
Cheers
gww

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
All the other federal buildings were not breached to install someone to power against the will of the people who had just spoken.  What they were doing was more akin to what benidict arnold was doing and and treasonous.  The crime was worse and so the treatment is worse so far.

If the crime was worse, then they should be charged with worse crimes.  I am pretty sure things like trespassing, which is what many held in jail are charged with, is not worse than trying to burn occupied buildings.  What you think they did and what they are charged with, is not the same.  How they are being treated for lesser charges than have happened in other places, is not the same.  So no, what they did is not worse under the law. 

Not one of the Jan 6th rioters has been charged with insurrection, treason, or anything of that nature.  Not one gun was confiscated.  The only person killed during that riot was an unarmed rioter. 

Compare that to Portland.  Imagine what would have happened if a federal agent had killed an unarmed rioter in Portland?  Instead, we have armed rioters killing unarmed people in Portland.  Make much news? 

anything