BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Acebird?s mead.

<< < (4/8) > >>

beemantn:
 :tongue:
Thanks

Acebird:
One comment on the recipe above.  I list 2 packets of yeast but I only use one.  The second one is if the fermentation didn't start usually because of a goof.

JurassicApiary:
Going to give this a shot this year.  Jim, how did your batch turn out last year?

BeeMaster2:
We did not make any mead this year. Part of the reason was time. The other reason is my body does not handle alcohol very well. One glass of wine messes up my stomach, more than that and I get a headache.
Brian?s mead is the best mead I have ever tasted, It competes with some of the best wines that I have tried.
Jim Altmiller

JurassicApiary:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on January 18, 2021, 05:58:38 am ---We did not make any mead this year. Part of the reason was time. The other reason is my body does not handle alcohol very well. One glass of wine messes up my stomach, more than that and I get a headache.
Brian?s mead is the best mead I have ever tasted, It competes with some of the best wines that I have tried.
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick follow-up.  Any suggestions as to the honey variety?  I plan to use one of my own, but they vary from white down to amber.  Do the character and complexities of the darker honey carry through into the Meade and add to it (or hinder it) at all? O,r is it best to stick with a more traditional white honey that's perhaps extra floral?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version