BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Acebird?s mead.

<< < (3/8) > >>

Acebird:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on March 28, 2019, 02:50:13 pm ---Judy is going to the wine store today to buy the yeast. We have decided to try making it. Is the sterizer chemical that you can buy at the wine store ok to use?
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---
It should be.  Even bleach.  There are two kinds, one you have to rinse after you sanitize and one you don't.  There is a difference between sterilizing and sanitizing.  Sterilizing you kill all the bugs, sanitizing will burn up carbon and may kill a few bugs, not all.  If you have any nicks and cuts you probably will want to wear gloves.  The hardest part is handling the glass carboys.  The sanitizer will make everything very slick so be careful.  I highly recommend handles on the carboys.

beemantn:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on March 28, 2019, 02:47:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: jtcmedic on March 28, 2019, 09:06:06 am ---Any chance for a Recipe. Asking for a friend :happy:

--- End quote ---
Brian,
If it is ok with you I will post the recipe.
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---

Any updates on posting the recipe?  Thanks

Acebird:
If you PM your email address I can send you the word files.  Tables and formatting are not handled well by the forum.
I missed the question Jim.  Sure you can post it.

BeeMaster2:
Thanks Ace,
Here are screen shots of it. I took 4 of the first page and 3 shots of the second page.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Continued
Jim Altmiller

BeeMaster2:
Continued from previous post.

Jim Altmiller