Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is the best way to get bees out of a tree ?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
What is the best way to get bees out of a tree ?
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:54 pm »
What is the best way to get bees and brood and queen and all out of a tree ?
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline p51

• New Bee
Re: What is the best way to get bees out of a tree ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:41:00 pm »
if you want to save the tree, trap out. if you want"brood queen and all " cut the tree down and do a cut out.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:05 pm »
    What he said...
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:02:04 am »
heres how its done. But listen close cus us rednecks dont go round spredin rumors. why we wont get caught spreadin gossip so yus better listen close the first time :-D You will need a good bee suit and and a stihl chainsaw. Need I say more :evil:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:23:32 pm by riverrat »
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 02:10:15 am »
what they said + an axe.

or go read the section on trapouts  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:54:45 am »
Hmmm...
The easiest way?
Let someone else do it!  :roll:

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:32:59 pm »
heres how its done. But listen close cus us rednecks dont go round spreding rumors. why we wont get caught spreading gossip so yus better listen close the first time :-D You will need a good bee suit and and a stihl chainsaw. Need I say more :evil:

I never would have thought of that,I thought of shorts and a water hose,especally if they are Africanized bee.You rednecks are real smart.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 12:37:54 pm »
Oh yes,I forgot to say I would like to put the brood and all in one of my hives for a new hive,not only get them out of a tree.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 12:46:20 pm »
then you are back to the chainsaw and axe.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »
Anyways,never mind if you don't know,we figure we will just cut with a chain saw,not a water hose three feet on both sides of the entrance about an hour before dark,then give them time to get inside and screen the cuts if needed and stuff a rag in the entrance and screen and load on the pick-em up and take it home and the next day cut it up and put the brood and some honey on frames in a hive with the bees and queen.
 Does that sound good ?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:58:31 pm »
sounds good.  there are some posts about cutouts like that in the removal section. some with pictures.  also some questions that have been answered about same.

just make sure they have good ventilation for transport and the wait.  screening and duct tape....etc.  also, the size of the hive can fool you.  you might want to drill a few holes to make sure you know exactly how big it is.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 01:20:21 am »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything