ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Greenheads

<< < (2/3) > >>

AustinB:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on January 30, 2023, 12:10:07 pm ---Awesome!  Good to see the kids getting out there and having a great time!

--- End quote ---
Its all they want to do  :grin:

BeeMaster2:
Michael,
If you tried doing that today you would get arrested.
Boys here in Baker County would have guns in their trucks at school and go hunting right after school. Today they would definitely go to jail.
Friends from Bell South talked about putting their shotguns on their work trucks and would go target shooting during lunch. A few years before I retired Bell South security officers went into a workshop and asked for 2 employees, then searched their vehicles and found weapons and fired those two employees. The supervisor was shocked and said it was ridiculous and said they all carried them in their vehicles, he said even I have one. They fired the everyone in that workshop. About 2 years later Florida made it illegal to search or ask if we have weapons in our vehicles at work.
Jim Altmiller

Ben Framed:
I personally have vivid clear memories enamored in times past, spent hunting and fishing with family and friends.. Keep filling the priceless pages of close fellowship and lasting memories progressing forward Austin; And thanks for the pictures. These youngsters look like they are having a good time 'all around' !!  Such smiles are priceless!!
:grin: thumbs up!

Phillip

Michael Bush:
In Western Nebraska when I was in High School every kid had a shotgun in his car or truck so they could go pheasant or duck hunting on their way home.  When my kids went to school in Laramie every kid had a buck knife on his belt.  In sixth grade they did "hunter safety" and they all shot guns.  I was at the gun store a week or two ago and someone was picking up skeet and shotgun shells for the local high school skeet club.

I was working in Illinois building a church between jobs in Western Nebraska, so I stayed with my Dad.  We were on a coffee break and these guys were discussing the "last time they got mugged".  Having never been mugged this was very strange to me.  Then one of them talked about someone they knew who actually owned a gun.  I started laughing.  They looked at me and said, "I suppose you have a gun rack in you pickup".  I said I didn't know any carpenters who didn't.  Usually one place on it was used for the four foot level, but the rest were full of guns.  A typical job site in Western Nebraska, the guns outnumbered carpenters at least three to one and typically four or five to one.  That's just the ones they had in their truck.  There was usually a shotgun (ducks, geese and pheasants), a .22 (squirrels and rabbits), a coyote  gun (Coyote skins were going for over $100 a piece at the time) and a pistol for self defense (.44 or .357) either in the glove box or under the seat when parked and on the dash when not (concealed was illegal).  Possibly another pistol for plinking (.22).

AustinB:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on January 31, 2023, 09:47:11 pm ---I personally have vivid clear memories enamored in times past, spent hunting and fishing with family and friends.. Keep filling the priceless pages of close fellowship and lasting memories progressing forward Austin; And thanks for the pictures. These youngsters look like they are having a good time 'all around' !!  Such smiles are priceless!!
:grin: thumbs up!

--- End quote ---

So do I, such great memories from my childhood have stayed with me into my adult life and I want to make sure my kids have a chance to experience the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version