ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Apparently, I have nothing better to do.

<< < (2/8) > >>

BeeMaster2:
I bought  a 1980 Case 580C backhoe for a very good price, knowing it needed a lot of work. For the last 3 weeks I have been rebuilding it. I had to rebuild the forward/reverse transmission, there was it had a broken gear. It would only go in reverse. Then I removed 4 hydraulic pistons and had them rebuilt. Replaced a total of 7 hydraulic hoses. Then I had to a weld up 2 holes in the left right cylinders, they were probably leaking to some extent from day one. The leaks were in the weld between the cylinder and the end cap. Some one had tried to weld them up but couldn?t stop them from leaking. I had to remove the piston to bee able to weld them properly. Installed a new regulator for the alternator. Fixed a leak on the power steering. Had to re synchronize the fuel injector, had to use either to start it and it would barely run. The previous owner had replaced it 180 degrees out. The exhaust smoke would burn your eyes because there was so much raw fuel in it. Rebuilt the brakes, they were totally froze up and worn out. Rebuilt some of the body work and fixed the seat.
Here are some pictures.

We couldn?t take it off the trailer until I fixed the hydraulics because too much oil had leaked out.
Jim Altmiller

BeeMaster2:
Here are pictures of the first stump that I dug out with it.

I left the dirt mounded up because it is going to sink as it settles in.
I was really surprised and happy that this backhoe could pull that large of a yellow pine stump out of the hole. It is at least 6 foot long where it broke off.
Jim Altmiller

.30WCF:
Jim,
It actually does a pretty good job. It?s only purpose is to lay the grass in a different direction with each pass of the mower, creating the illusion of dark and light stripes in the yard.
I have a yard full of weeds, so it only can do so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.30WCF:
Good work on the backhoe, Jim. That thing will be handy to have around.
I?ve been thinking about a little subcompact tractor with a bucket for around the house. Then just grab some attachments as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeeMaster2:
Just get a 3 point backhoe for your tracker if you have one. They have a hydraulic pump that hooks onto the PTO. The one I have worked pretty well. It only has about a 8 foot reach compared to 17.5 foot reach on the 580C.
Jim Altmiller

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version