Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Selling Honey by the case?.what are you packing in?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline BurleyBee

• House Bee
Selling Honey by the case?.what are you packing in?
« on: January 27, 2022, 07:45:52 am »
I?m sure I?ll start getting into this this spring if the weather cooperates.  The only option I?ve run across so far is a box from Betterbee for 1.25 a box.  What do y?all use when selling cases?  Surely there?s some cheaper options.  I currently only fill 16oz squeeze bottles.
@burleybeeyard

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Selling Honey by the case?.what are you packing in?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:50:15 am »
Burley Im not sure I am understanding you. Is this a case sized box? How many honey bears will this box hold?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 02:03:42 pm »
I sell cases in glass, quarts and pints for liquid honey, large mouth quarts and pints for chunk honey.

There is one customer that wants 200 - 2 pound squeeze bottles.

I personally like glass myself.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline BurleyBee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 04:16:24 pm »
https://www.betterbee.com/boxes-for-bottles/box8oz-case-for-1-2-lb-plastic.asp

Something like this to sell a case of 12 16oz bottles in.
@burleybeeyard

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 04:21:11 pm »
https://www.betterbee.com/boxes-for-bottles/box8oz-case-for-1-2-lb-plastic.asp

Something like this to sell a case of 12 16oz bottles in.

The words on the box makes it nice Burley. Good find!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 04:18:00 am »
        I packed very little honey in any kind of plastic.. I would do it if I went to a  Country fair to sell...   I did use classic honey jars to bottle my honey... I believe at added more value...

BEE HAPPY  Jim 134   :smile:

This looks like a good option for you..  Especially if you have a market to sell your honey..

I?m sure I?ll start getting into this this spring if the weather cooperates.  The only option I?ve run across so far is a box from Betterbee for 1.25 a box.  What do y?all use when selling cases?  Surely there?s some cheaper options.  I currently only fill 16oz squeeze bottles.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 04:49:23 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 10:36:47 am »
Burleybee,
I think you can find cheaper packing boxes than that.
Google "cardboard boxes" and you will find online vendors like uline.com or packagingsupplies.com. They are a lot cheaper and offer a variety of sizes. Even if it is not an exact fit for your squeeze bottles, I imagine you can do much better with it than some of the packaging I have received from Amazon.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 10:59:17 am »
Burleybee,
I think you can find cheaper packing boxes than that.
Google "cardboard boxes" and you will find online vendors like uline.com or packagingsupplies.com. They are a lot cheaper and offer a variety of sizes.
Good thought, Bob. 

Even if it is not an exact fit for your squeeze bottles, I imagine you can do much better with it than some of the packaging I have received from Amazon.
Do NOT get me started on Amazon's packaging jobs!  :angry:  My sister and I have a theory that Amazon deliberately ruins 1 out of every 100 packages to try to induce regular customers to get Prime.  :wink: 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 01:35:19 pm »
If you are just needing a box to hold your plastic bottles, the post office has flat rate boxes that they give away for free.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 02:36:58 pm »
Here is a little plastic pouch container for selling honey. The .74 oz. package at $2 each makes honey worth $345.95 a gallon. Are you beeks making that much?

anything