ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Sailing Dreams

(1/3) > >>

Horns Pure Honey:
Does anyone else here like sailing? Right now I have a 20 foot day sailer but I am going to build a 31 foot trailerable long-range sailer hopefully this summer. I still have to finish my tear drop trailer first. If you do like to sail how long have you been doing it and what type of boat do you have? I havent been doing it to long but I have always loved the way that a sail boat cuts into the water when turnning.

golfpsycho:
For a number of years I raced a Nelson Marek 36 plus.  I had the boom extened 4 feet and the mast was lengthened 6 feet., with extra support added between the mast step and the keel. custom made North Sails, and a folding prop  for motoring around the marina.  The boat weighed in at approximately 13,000, and had a draft of 6;11  Very fast boat, especially in a jibing duel..  Also raced an Olympic class 6 meter called a flying dutchman, and of course, the obligatory Hobie Cats.  I enjoy the "J" boats too, great light air boats.  Not as fast as a hobie 33 in a puff.. but still a good boat.

BigRog:
I used to sail a friends boat. 24' Catalina with a swing keel. I could handle it solo. Loved cruising around the Peconic Bay on the eastern end of Long Island on her. Been a long time and I would love to get back in the saddle.

Horns Pure Honey:
Those are all great boats, I will see if I can get a pic posted of the one I plan to build soon. I am sooooo excited, I have wanted my own for ever, got a 20 ft day sailer last year and am already want a bigger one, I dont think I will ever be happy, lol. I was looking at plans, I thought my 31 ft'r was good size to build but they had plans for up to 60 feet in there. bye

Horns Pure Honey:
Beth was kind enough to get these pics on here last night when I had to go to bed. It was about 12 am when she got them done becuase I hoped on my cell and asked here how it went, lol. As you can see it has a everything I need for my longer trips. I wasnt going to have a wheel house on it but I decided that it might be nicer to stay inside durring storms, lol. The more I look at it though the more I like it. It has been sailed across the atlantic many times so I know she is sea worthy and I cant wait to get started and go see beth in here, we got a long trip planned out, lol. I will get more info on her after school for you guys. bye

P.S. the plans are only 45.00 bucks!!! I found it on a site where a guy wanted to be able to share his love of boat building with others for the minimal price. It comes with all the tracing sheets and material list too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version