Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Hobbit....Battle of the Five Armies  (Read 1671 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
The Hobbit....Battle of the Five Armies
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:23:09 pm »
Appropriately named..... almost the entire movie is the battle. Great special effects and of course the scenery of New Zealand. If you are not a Tolkien fan and you have not followed the story you will be lost. If you have followed the story I still suggest a refresher. Got my son hooked on Tolkien when he was a small lad and since we have always gone and seen the movies together. He is 22 now. I'm a Tolkien fan .... I give it a 7.3. I like the Trilogy movies much better.
Enjoyed the books I did preciousssssssssssssssss  :happy:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:15:11 am by sc-bee »
John 3:16

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: The Hobbit....Battle of the Five Armies
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:57 am »
I think it would have been better if you are going to make six movies out of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, to make The Lord of the Rings into five movies and the Hobbit into one movie... but it was fine.  Seems like they drug it out a bit to get three movies out of The Hobbit.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Re: The Hobbit....Battle of the Five Armies
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:00:57 pm »
I agree and wish the one hobbit movie would have been the first. I understand the Five Armies only covers two or less chapters of "The Hobbit". I really don't remember been 35+ years since I read the books.
John 3:16