Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Healthy Bees LLC patties - any info?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
Healthy Bees LLC patties - any info?
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:46:03 pm »
Anyone know anything about this business/product? I suddenly started getting emails a month ago but can't find a thing anywhere on line other than their website...
healthybeesllc.com
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:57:39 am by tjc1 »

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
Re: Healthy Bees LLC patties - any info?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 01:07:55 am »
The contact us page for that group says;

PHONE
(786) 524-9200 (8.30AM-5 PM)
(561) 702-5432 (after hours)

FAX
(786) 524-9223

EMAIL
info@healthybeesllc.com

ADDRESS
1111 Kane Concourse
Suite 501
Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154

BAY HARBOR (Islands), FLorida

So, I'm guessing you could ask a Florida beekeeping group near that area if they have had any dealings with that person, and if they trust them?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:29:59 pm »
I think it's a new company.  They are saying all the right things about their product.  I hope they are true.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline ed/La.

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:56:28 pm »
Ask them for a sample. Tell them you will review their product on the bee forums.

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:29 am »
I got in touch by email and got an immediate response directly from the CEO, Lee Rosen - he also invited me to call him on the phone to answer any further questions; I include part of his response below. Seems that most of their business is with commercial beeks, but he did say that in the last few months they have had an uptick with orders from hobbyists/smaller scale beeks.

I ordered a box of the patties - odd looking, dark blue-green almost black from the spirulina. The bees were all over it as soon as it went in the hive and devour it rapidly. It will be interesting to see if it appears to help with over-wintering.

"Ted, Thank you for your interest. We have had an article in the AHPA newsletter and Bee Culture magazine. We are the Platinum Sponsor of Apimondia the world beekeeping conference in Montreal September 9-14.  I can say the true endorsements are from James Brubaker a beekeeper in Pennsylvania who runs 3200 hives or Bret Adee who is the largest beekeeper in the USA who runs 100,000 hives or Scott Hamilton who runs 18,000 hives in Idaho and Montana. All these beekeepers plus 10 other beekeepers who run 10,000 plus hives endorse our product by doing constant reorders all year long and using it on all their hives. After Apimondia the videos that we will be playing at Apimondia will be on our website and you will be able to see what James Brubaker says about our product."

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:43 pm »
Under the Healthy BeesTM effect, bees expressed fewer of the many genes responsible for the detoxification system, a strong indication that Healthy BeesTM was helping to detoxify the bees? systems.

The above statement is a copy and paste from Healthy Bees.

I reviewed the data posted by Healthy Bees.  The data demonstrates the 10 fold reduction [expressed fewer] of cytochrome.  Cytochromes are responsible for detoxing poisonous chemicals in the body, both bees and humans.  I am not convinced a reduction in cytochrome is a good thing, especially a 10 fold reduction.

So, I think I will pass on this health supplement.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 06:43:32 pm »
Hmm, I'm not sure what their statement means. 

In my own health lab reports (serum or blood tests), when IgG, IgE, or IgM is "expressed," then it means my immune system is reacting to an allergy/toxin/disease.  My immune system is thus on "red-alert," and is creating immunoglobulins to fight disease/irritants.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 07:25:09 pm »
Florida, good afternoon.  I agree the data is difficult to digest as the company interprets the results, data, rather peculiarly.

Antibodies are different from the cytochromes.  Antibodies are part of an immune component, produced by white blood cells as you mentioned some specific antibodies.  Cytochromes  are produced by the liver, in humans, in Fat Body in bees and are responsible for detoxification of chemicals.  I realize antibodies can also detoxify venoms, which some might confuse venom as detox chemicals.    It has been a long time since I studied immunology, or biochemistry so please excuse my generalized terms.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 09:43:09 pm »
Yes, it would be great to have more input on the data. 

Here's this 2 cents: 
         1. I would voluntarily eat everything they claim is in this supplement. So I wouldn't shy away at feeding it to livestock that makes my food from enzymes from that livestock's biosystem.
         2. Shipping aside, small orders are $4 per pound.  That's what I pay for hummus, mini-peppers, or organic grapes. Human vitamins & supplements are +/- ten times the cost.   
         3. If I'm going to supplement my livestock, I'd choose the least contaminated/most nutritious. Provided the bees will eat their vegetables.
         4.  It needs to be kept cool and has an expiration date.  It's real food.
         4-1/2. I knew a guy that ate spirulina daily and could do one armed pushups.   
 :wink: Maybe the girls can get more done with spirulina.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 11:02:12 pm »
spirulina is a super protein rich food.  Microscopic blue green algae.  Could be argued as the basic of ocean food chain.  Sold in powder, pill , liquid supplements.  Watch your B12, spirulina produces an analog (close to real thing but modified) of B12 that is not digestible by humans.  This analog may block the real B12 from your cellular intake.  Being studied as I write.  I know of not any single source food that offers so many proteins as the blue green algae.  I don?t eat the algae except in oysters.  I?ll take a rib-eye instead.

Van

anything