Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: camera ?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
camera ?
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:38:24 am »
Just wondering what camcorder y'all might be using? And computer interface?
-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY

Offline alfred

• House Bee
    • Alfred's Massage
Re: camera ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:01 am »
I am also in the market for a video camera so I would love to hear what folks have to say. I have been looking at the Flip cameras, but I am a little concerned about zoomability and sound. Any and all comments would be great. Sorry PeeVee for hijacking thread...

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:58:25 am »
No problem Alfred, the more questions, the better  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 11:21:37 am »
I'm using a Cannon FS 300, I believe its called. Its far from perfect but has been getting me by for now.

It doesn't zoom in or out as much as I would like and doesn't gather light very well in low light conditions, but its less than three hundred bucks, is small and compact and pretty easy to use.

I edit using imovie on my imac and upload directly to youtube for any movie under ten minutes in length. Over ten minutes goes to itunes then I upload using google (youtube).

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:29:31 am »
i  have a sony handycam   dcr-sr68 with a 60x zoom.i paid somewhere around 300-350 .it was a package deal with camera case and extra battery.i love it  ......schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:52:19 pm »
JP and Schawee, Thanks a bunch. I'll certainly go on recommends from such professionals as you. :-D :-D

I have a triple removal I'm planning for next weekend.

Gotta gear up!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 01:04:09 pm »
Might wanna pm hardwood as to his camera. I know it has zoom capacity out the yin yang and great picture quality. He bought it pretty cheap too.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline alfred

• House Bee
    • Alfred's Massage
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
Thanks for the info.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 07:07:58 pm »
No need for the pm...I use a Sony DCR-SX41 and really like it. I got it cheap (under $200) because it was both a close out @ H.H.Gregg and a demo.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907