Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: dissapointed  (Read 954 times)

Offline beesonhay465

• House Bee
dissapointed
« on: March 09, 2020, 11:52:59 pm »
thought my hive was full to bursting, bees and honey . wanted to harvest some .1 frame promised to a mentor. found 3 frames in 10 frame super only about 1/3 full. still think there lots of bees, seeing orentation flights every warm day. frames don't look they have ever been filled or capped.after feeding 32 lbs of sugar as 2/1 syrup i expected to see at least some of it stored i the super??  :oops:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:07:22 am »
thought my hive was full to bursting, bees and honey . wanted to harvest some .1 frame promised to a mentor. found 3 frames in 10 frame super only about 1/3 full. still think there lots of bees, seeing orentation flights every warm day. frames don't look they have ever been filled or capped.after feeding 32 lbs of sugar as 2/1 syrup i expected to see at least some of it stored i the super??  :oops:

Beesonhay,  I have found, at least in my area. It takes alot of resources for bees to make it through the winter. Let me add, any (honey) that your bees would have made extra from the sugar would not be real honey, it would be sugar honey. I would not recommend this for representing or passing as honey, as it is not really natural honey, only a supplement to help our bees survive through the rough winter months without starving, until the natural nectar flow kicks in and then allowing the production of real honey.

Phillip Hall

.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:37:41 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline beesonhay465

• House Bee
Re: dissapointed
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:13:36 am »
i agree completely about stored sugar. :sad:

anything