Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Harvest, glorious harvest  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Sour Kraut

• House Bee
Harvest, glorious harvest
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:09 pm »
This is what makes all the effort worhtwhile !

Pulled 35 medium frames this afternoon.

13 frames from my 'experimental square hive', 7 from a 10-framer, and 15 from another 10 framer

There's at least that much more not fully capped that will come off in a week or so.

And they are bring it in like mad..more so since about an inch of rain over the weekend..no idea from where since I'm nearly dead-center with 7 colonies in a city of 20 K.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Harvest, glorious harvest
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:56 pm »
I've already pulled and bottled about 11 gallons about two weeks ago.  I have about 4 times that amount still on hives that need to be capped.  This all from seven hives in my backyard.

Much better than the 6 gallons that I got all of last year. :cheesy:

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:16 pm »
Wow! you guys must have early and strong flows!

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:27 am »
I can't wait for the weather to clear and for me to look in my hives and get some honey.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 12:29:30 am »
I have a lot of honey on my hives right now. My wife and I need to pull it so that we can move the hives back into town. There is so much weight on the trailer with all that honey that I cannot move them until the honey is removed. I have family visiting this week and moving next week so I am loosing honey by not moving them. We will do it as soon as we can.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin