Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hyperthymestic syndrome  (Read 1743 times)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
hyperthymestic syndrome
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:46:20 am »
A white family was driving through the Pine Ridge reservation and at the intersection near Wounded Knee there was a couple of tipis pitched and some people selling jewelry and crafts.  The white family stopped and were looking through the goods and were impressed with the quality and started a conversation.  The Indian family invited them to stay and have lunch as they were frying some fry bread and had some stew.  So they went back by the tipis and sat down to eat.  The Indian family introduced Tunkasila (Grandfather) and explained that Grandpa actually has a remarkable memory that several psychology students had written their thesis on.  It's called hyperthymestic syndrome and Grandpa would tell you anything that ever happened to him.  The white family found this interesting and the Indian family insisted they should ask Grandpa a question to see what he could remember.  The father of the white family couldn't think of anything to ask.  Finally he asked, "What did you have for breakfast on June the 3rd 1949.  Grandpa says, "let's see, that was a Friday, and I had eggs for breakfast".  The white father couldn't think of a response, so they continued eating their dinner and then left to finish their vacation.  A few years later they happened to be driving up the same road on the rez and recognized the paintings on the tipis so they stopped and the same family was there.  The wife and daughters started looking through jewelry while talking to the Indian women.  The husband walked back to the tipis and up to Grandpa and said "Hau!" and Grandpa says "Scrambled".
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: hyperthymestic syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:58 pm »
Hahaha! Took me a moment - but that's funny! Cheers!  :grin:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:44:44 pm »
 :smile:
Neill

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:29:36 pm »
 :grin:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »
That was good one!!   :grin: :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything