Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 1 year anniversary  (Read 1199 times)

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
1 year anniversary
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:35:41 am »
yep, it's official. it was one year ago on 4th of july weekend that i hived my first nuc. they somehow managed to make it through there first winter. i also hived a package this spring and i did a split from the first hive not long ago. i now have three hives going as i just hived the nuc from the split on my anniversary.  i wasn't sure if the queen was even in there a week ago. i didn't see the queen and my eyes aren't good enough to see eggs or very small larva, but ten days later i saw lots of capped brood so she must have been there. i was even able to find my queen and move them into their new home( she sure did run when i got to the last frame in the box ). when i first began i knew absolutely nothing about bees even though i read a few books and did some research online, but i have to say that because of this forum and all the great people here who have shared their advice and experience i have learned a lot.so thank you all for that. of course it still seems like i don't know anything sometimes. a year ago my apple trees were bare even though they were loaded with blossoms, this year they are bursting with apples. you might laugh but originally i just wanted to through some bees in a box so i could get some apples, the whole idea of beekeeping was a bit intimidating, but not so much anymore.so thanks to beemaster and its membership for helping me get started.
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: 1 year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:41:22 am »
Aint it cool? April was my one year anniversary. I started with 3 packages and now have built up to 16. Well on my way to making my 50 hives in 5 years plan.

anything