Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Deer Hunters Dream  (Read 3498 times)

Offline beeman2009

• House Bee
Deer Hunters Dream
« on: November 13, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »
If you deer hunt, you have to see this.  it was taken a few miles from my house. 

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/gallatin-hunter-bags-47-point-buck
All things may be lawful, but not all things are advantageous.

Beeman2009

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
Re: Deer Hunters Dream
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:37:27 pm »
I confess, when I saw the pic, my first thought was - Is this close to a nuclear waste dump?  I've never seen anything like it.    Saw a beautiful 8 pointer in my garden last week, though.    It'd make some fine venison chili....
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »
Venison Chili send some this way

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:13:23 pm »
I hit a nice four point (I guess some of you would call it an eight point) deer with my minivan on Monday... didn't end well for the deer or for the minivan...

That's what you would call an "atypical" rack.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »
Always contemplated carrying a car door into the woods with me. Seems to attract deer.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 09:46:52 am »
Since the picture is copy righted I am guessing that guy expects to make money off his kill.  I have decided over the last ten of so years that killing bucks that are to small to make money but too big to really taste good is not my goal anymore.  I am in it for the meat.  If I kill a really big one I would still be proud and brag but I like the young deer better for eating and I just throw the racks in the garage anyway so give me the babies.  I get stuck helping all the relitives clean their deer and we are in day four of our rifle season and I have helped prossess about 5 deer so far.  I still have an unused tag but have deer in the freezer and am wore out for the minute and so am on my couch typing this rather then in the woods.  I might get gung hoe before season is over but needed a break and a chance to catch up on other chores.  I am not trying too hard but if I kill a great big one, I might copy write my picture of it also and spend some extra time listening to the song "the tirty point buck"
Cheers
gww

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:30:11 am »
Does and spikes taste fine to me... I have no interesting in how many points are on their antlers but I don't want an old gamey buck...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »
I'm with MB... I can't say that I have tried any but just the thought of eating antlers makes my stomach turn and my teeth hurt. If my dog didn't go nuts and scare it away I would have shot a doe out my window on Friday. Which brings me to the real reason I am not a fan of deer season. .. for the second day in a row Gunner spent quality time eating and rolling in deer gut... he has maximum huggability now but I hate dog washing just as much as he hates being washed... probably more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

anything