Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A frightful article brought to my attention by Reinbeu last night  (Read 3830 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Small time America watch out,:
http://www.percyschmeiser.com/
This man didn't want or ask for their stuff,but they tried to  force him to Pay

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: A frightful article brought to my attention by Reinbeu last night
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:05 am »
Rob, nice that you put this site on, cool that Ann brought it to your attention. I have bookmarked it to read at a later time, (when will that be), but I read a good part of it......holy smokers!!!

I don't know.   Roundup is a herbicide that is used extensively in this world, and must have its place, we all know that, it evidently becomes inert once it hits earth, but what then....I don't believe for minute the soil is not impacted. 

Genetically engineered Canola, resistant to roundup.....eeks....I am so stuck on that middle hill about things like this.  I am just a small time farmer.  But I know that for many years I sprayed roundup everywhere for weed control.  Never once thinking about the millions of insects and probably good weeds that I have killed.  I could go on and on.....I don't use roundup anymore, nor any kind of herbicide for that matter.  It makes my life very very more intricate when it comes to weed control, and weeds must be controlled if you want to have food harvest....period.

I know I ramble and have kind of gone off topic with the issue that this thread is about.  Can't help it.  That poor soul in Saskatchewan whose acres were contaminated with the seed of this genetically engineered canola surely had a law fight on his hands.  Yes, seed blows on the wind...it falls off carriers, the birds bring it in, it comes on the animals feet.  Of course this genetically modified crop would be invasive.  And then life carries on.  Have a great and wonderful day, love our life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:00:08 am »
But to expect him to pay for seed brought in by means other than him to the tune of 15 dollars an acre for something he didn't sow nor want is ridiculous!!
That would be like your neighbor charging a fee for your bees carrying off their nectar to your hives!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:22:24 am »
Ken, oops, did you notice the typo?  Must have Robo on the brain, didn't mean to call you him, my deepest apology....  This article is sad, and yes its all crap, just another pile.  Have a wonderful and greatest of this day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:53:03 am »
They are in for something messing with this man. I listened to him talk and he seems like an honest, kind soul. Just cause you're big and have tons of money it doesn't give you the right to bully anyone. I hope this bites them hard....Where the sun don't shine!

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:01 am »
We all do that now and again Cindi,Taken in stride! 8-)
Have a super day. Did you get last weeks transcript from Don I sent?
I closed out the chat window last night before copying the text chat! It was late and I was tired,wish I would have copied it. Maybe Dallas had thought enough to do it. Not sure,he was under the weather a bit.
We had 15 people in in chat and had a good conversation!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 12:14:46 pm »
Btw, Brendhan stopped in late and we chatted some, he wanted me to tell everyone hello for him, that his beeclub meeting went very well, and the wife took 6 pictures. He was very pumped and excited as to how things unfolded. He's a great guy. Might have to trade him some crawfish and hurricanes to get him down here so we can do a cut-out together.

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 12:17:25 pm »
Ken, yes the transcript was something to behold, yep, yep, I certainly hope that you didn't spend hours transcribing it on your keyboard with fingers just a'flyin'.  Hee, hee, beautiful day, beautiful life and all that is beautiful.  Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 12:33:23 pm »
Percy should sue Mansanto for contaminating his field.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 12:45:20 pm »
Bullies with lawyers...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin