Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Gravesend, Kent, UK  (Read 2115 times)

Offline worrywort

• New Bee
Greetings from Gravesend, Kent, UK
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:28:48 am »
Hello.
I have been keeping bees around North West Kent since 1996. Any mistakes, failures and stupid ideas Anyone has let me know and we can compare notes  :grin:

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
Re: Greetings from Gravesend, Kent, UK
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »
Greetings, Worry. Welcome to the forum. Lots of guys here, like you, are long time beeks, but not me.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:28:29 pm »
welcome  :happy:

Offline worrywort

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:16 pm »
Greetings, Worry. Welcome to the forum. Lots of guys here, like you, are long time beeks, but not me.

Thank you. If I may be so bold to offer advice. In the beginning I was taught ?this and that?.  Hives, equipment, Methods, Theories etc.

I have a friend who I taught the Basics. He put his hive in his back garden back in 2013. I said watch them every day which he did.

He learned more in a Year than I did in the span of my career.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:05:04 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
One way to learn a lot fast is to build an observation hive and keep bees in them in your house where you can see what they do day and night.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 01:18:28 am »
Welcome Worrywart. Welcome to beemaster, here you can curve your worrying, over bees anyway. There are many well experienced keepers here who are more than willing to help.

Jim is quite generous with his observation hive plans. The nicest plans I have seen!

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline JojoBeeBoy

• House Bee
    • @joebeewhisperer on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 06:10:31 pm »
If you are looking for beek fails, ..... I've pulled some really stupid moves. But, I've really learned a lot this season and many ppl on here have been super helpful. I've yet to ask a question that someone more knowledgeable than myself didn't answer. So welcome!

Offline worrywort

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 07:54:14 pm »
Thank you all for your welcome.
I shall look in regularly and learn something new each visit.

The big lessons I?ve learned, is if I say I?ve kept bees for 10 years. That?s 10 attempts at swarm control, 10 putting on supers too late, 10 seasons of missing Honey flows and 10 Winters trying to keep them alive until Spring.

PS my keyboard is mad abbreviation is question mark.

anything