Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pushing Daisies  (Read 7797 times)

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Pushing Daisies
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »
Anyone planning to watch this show, debuting tomorrow (Wednesday)? It looks like the main characters are beekeepers (from what I can tell in the previews I've seen).
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: Pushing Daisies
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 03:45:12 pm »
i watched and did not make the beekeeping connection. Did I miss something?

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:58:21 pm »
Yeah, I watched the first episode, and the girl used to keep bees, and give the honey to a homeless charity. It was a minor point, but it occupied a good bit of the trailer I saw before the show aired. When I saw her sneak around the house in the dark, and the bees were flying around like crazy, I knew it was ALL OVER. lol.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 12:21:24 pm »
Oh I love this show...it is cute and imaginative...the pie man put bee skeps on the roof for "chuck"  it was so cute...and there are always bees flying 'round...and honey here and there!

Offline flibby

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »
Oh, I can't believe no one else loves this show. I LOVE this show. It's absolutely brilliant and imaginative.

The bee theme really builds after the pilot. There was even an episode this season (it aired on October 1st) called "Bzzz" that was all about bees and a beekeeping company, etc. (My avatar is from a screencap from that episode)

I mean, it IS a fantasy, so I'm sure the bee stuff isn't completely accurate, but it's still a really good show.

I'd encourage everyone in the US to give it a try - it comes on tonight! ABC, 8pm EST, 7pm central.

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:07:08 pm »
LOVE this show!!! I don't know if it will have much more of a run though.....  :(
Looks like they might be cancelling it.
:-) Mary

Offline flibby

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:49 pm »
YES. I'm so sad that they are thinking of cancelling it. :'(

But tonight's episode was amazing. Hilarious, and made me cry at the end.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:34:12 am »
What channel what time :?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:47 pm »
I couldnt follow that show. I didnt know what was going on and who all these people who kept popping up were. I only tried to watch it twice, but it was very frustrating. I guess you have to see it from the beginning?

Offline flibby

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 01:58:31 pm »
ABC, 8pm EST, 7pm CST

They do have "previously" segments at the start of each episode, but it would be best if you watched it from the beginning, yeah.

It's about a piemaker named Ned who has a gift - he can touch dead things and bring them back to life. He brings his childhood sweetheart, Charlotte "Chuck" Charles back to life in the pilot and for the whole series they can never touch again, because if he touches her a second time she'll go back to being dead.

There is a private investigator that Ned works with, they bring murder victims back to life just long enough to find out who killed them. It's cool.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 11:11:51 am »
It seems to be one of the shows that people either really like, or do not like!  I personally LOVE it.  It is fun and quirky, the set is so colorful and imaginative...

It appeals to artisitic folks?

Sharan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:34 am »
DVD.  Is you name spelled with two "a"s?  I have never noticed that before?  Yes, no?  Have a great and wonderful life and day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 04:20:18 pm »
Just read that it is officially cancelled, well 99% to be exact.  The producer said they might continue in a comic book form (weird).
:-) Mary

Offline olive

• New Bee
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 01:10:45 pm »
How I miss the pie maker!
What a great show…I was so happy when I saw they were airing the final 3 episones on ABC, even though the show is cancelled :(
Yes, there is beekeeping, in a few of the episodes.  My favorite part is when the main characters dance together in bee suits.  
I can’t even describe how much I love pushing daisies…it was the most original show in AGES!  
~the girl who made a treaty with the bees~

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
I really enjoyed it, but I had a knack for missing it.
be happy and make others happy.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2022, 11:02:03 am »
Anyone remember this show they were talking about? Was is a good show in your opinion?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 12:30:08 pm »
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!  I have the whole series on Blu-ray, but I still haven't seen the second season, so no spoilers anyone!  :happy:   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything