Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Let us not forget the First Amendment either!  (Read 5171 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Let us not forget the First Amendment either!
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:28:04 am »
Here in Mississippi! Unbelievable! Look what they did to this good Pastor and his congregation who broke NO law!

https://youtu.be/iKIbK3eIkFQ
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Let us not forget the First Amendment either!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:38:36 pm »
I suspect some of this stuff is going to end up in court.  States have broad public health powers in an emergency, but they still need to be kept in check when they overreach.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »
I'm thinking when governors and lower government levels do this, they should have to  recite their Constitutional power to perform these  acts.Federal or state Constitution.
Not a legislative act with no constitutional support.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:20:21 pm »

Most of these are not legislative acts, but edicts from governors.  In my state, she just does stuff and everyone goes along.  She now says we are 6 weeks out from a slow restart.  I don't think people are going to take another 6 weeks of complete shutdown.  Not only are businesses dying, but the state has no revenue. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 10:57:09 am »
Protests against closures have already begun.  In Ohio many people gathered to demonstrate for reopening of business.  Smaller, scattered protests around the country seek return to work, as well. 
I believe that if things don't begin to get back to normal within 2 or 3 weeks, more and more citizens will decide to take matters into the people's hands.  then we will see which governments around the country choose power over liberty.

Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:30 am »
I figure people will put up with this until the end of April.  After that, they are going to start getting out again because everyone has had enough.

What they should be doing is preparing the people for more infections, because that's what's going to happen.  If this is made clear, the people who are most at risk can make more informed decisions about what they do.  As it is, they are making it sound like the virus will be gone if we just wait long enough. 

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 01:11:43 pm »
Again, I post as an old, uneducated redneck with no science background. Just my instincts from 74 years of living. Trump has made so many countries mad by pulling welfare payments and quit being the free money country to the whole world, that China started a virus war and the other countries joined in on the attack of Trump for letting it happen.

MAMA, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE US!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 01:17:50 pm »
Kathy, I think many considered Easter long enough and will not wait until May 1. I have noticed much more traffic and more cars in shopping center parking lots this week than I have seen in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

NC has announced beekeeping is essential and I have a letter in my truck from the state allowing me to travel on beekeeping business. That is why I am on the road to see this stuff.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 02:10:05 pm »
Here an article I thought was interesting.

"The virus has exposed Little Tyrants all over the country"

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/13/the-coronavirus-is-exposing-little-tyrants-all-over-the-country/
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »
Here an article I thought was interesting.

"The virus has exposed Little Tyrants all over the country"

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/13/the-coronavirus-is-exposing-little-tyrants-all-over-the-country/

This is a good case in point for the reestablishment of civics classes in school.
Neill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 08:56:09 pm »
Example of what I meant in reply #6.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-murphy-trump-to-blame-coronavirus-crisis

The dems and other countries will do anything, even sacrifice their citizens, to take Trump down.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 10:02:35 pm »
Example of what I meant in reply #6.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-murphy-trump-to-blame-coronavirus-crisis

The dems and other countries will do anything, even sacrifice their citizens, to take Trump down.

Yep, the Demonocrat party and the CCP are working together to make this happen.And I think it is no surprise to the top brass.
I think there were other motives behind deploying the navy for drug interdictions.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 10:08:40 pm »
As I watched the PA protest of government overreach today, it bugged me a bit that people said if the protesters contracted the virus they should be refused treatment.
Do you recall the uproar libs made during the HIV crisis that we should mind our own business than suggest HIV positive people should not engage in unprotected sex?
And when left wing protesters burn the cities they live in they are hailed as heroes and we should send them more money?

Might I add that these were peaceful protests today? 

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 07:16:24 am »
I'm thinking when governors and lower government levels do this, they should have to  recite their Constitutional power to perform these  acts.Federal or state Constitution.

I agree!
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 07:17:55 am »
Just Two Years ago this happened here, in my part of America... Lets not forget how fast tyranny can raise its ugly head.... Thank God for our Constitution!

https://youtu.be/iKIbK3eIkFQ

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 09:07:47 am »
Epecially recently, most of the bill of rights is being ignored and Covid is not even being used as an excuse.  Not only the 1st and 2nd, but the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th and  9th are being totally trampled.  The 10th, of course went out the window with Wilson and whatever was left of it with FDR.  We have political prisoners that have been held without bail and without charge for a year and nine months.  We have the FBI doing search and seizure where the person or things to be seized are described as "any evidence of any crime" as opposed to "Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."  A year and nine months is hardly "a speedy trial".  Bail is disallowed or runs in the millions if you are a conservative or is low or non existent if you are a liberal or an actual repeat offender violent criminal.  Then, of course, the 9th and 10th say we have any right that is outside the jurisdiction of the Constitution.  Which is most of things that are now being mandated by Federal law. 5 1/2 weeks to the midterms.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything