Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lois McMaster Bujold  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Lois McMaster Bujold
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:04 am »
finished Vorkosigan series and started Sharing Knife series.  good stuff.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline minz

• House Bee
Re: Lois McMaster Bujold
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:23:06 am »
I just seen this post. I am hung up about part way into number 3 (Ethan of Athos) the first two were fan darn tastic and this one just will not get started. Can I skip 3 and go to 4? They only seem lightly connected so far.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:43:26 am »
skim past and go on if you want.  seems I remember one that didn't grab me too.  Even though they seem lightly connected, there are important bits to catch.  If you get to 4 and find you missed something you can always go back and find what you missed.

Glad you are enjoying.  I found it by accident and was hooked  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:35:17 pm »
Skipped number 3 and jumped to #4. Not connected and fan-darn-tastic.  Now I went to #5 and it looks like they went back to the series of #2? Pretty confusing as to how they are ordered. We don?t get flying weather here soon my gardens and the bees are going to float away.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:05:45 am »
Now I went to #5 and it looks like they went back to the series of #2? Pretty confusing as to how they are ordered.

it's been awhile, but some of them deal with different bits of the story.  I think you could look up the series on and of the book sites and probably sort by the synopsis. 

anything