Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Globel warming fraud  (Read 7639 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Globel warming fraud
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:13:17 pm »
have you read those emails yet?  they are pretty interesting.  it's like reading emails from a bunch of highschoolers, but there is enough good stuff in there to make it worth weeding through.

the site you want is www.climateaudit.org.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Bil

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:39:25 pm »
You say Oregon is boring, it must be if you have time to wade through all that hoping to make something out of nothing. Watching water boil is much more interesting.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:45:39 pm »
the name of my town is Boring.

since you have formed an opinion on the emails, you must have read them.  credit given for your effort, if not for your intellect.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:30 am »
You say Oregon is boring, it must be if you have time to wade through all that hoping to make something out of nothing. Watching water boil is much more interesting.
If you don't read YOU don't learn ! so watch your water boil. And as far as Oregon It is a great place to live.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »

You are so right!  That is exactly why I just read what the headlines at the major news sources, the correct ones like CNN and MSNBC, and listen to the politicians!  That way I have much more time to follow the relevent stuff, like what Paris H. is doing and Johnny Depps awards and all that cool stuff that important people are doing!!

Who wants to go through all that fuddy-duddy email crud and try to understand all that?
Rick

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »

You are so right!  That is exactly why I just read what the headlines at the major news sources, the correct ones like CNN and MSNBC, and listen to the politicians!  That way I have much more time to follow the relevent stuff, like what Paris H. is doing and Johnny Depps awards and all that cool stuff that important people are doing!!

Who wants to go through all that fuddy-duddy email crud and try to understand all that?

Don't forget Tiger Woods!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Bil

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 08:03:40 am »
I wanted to reply with a link to an irrefutable source on Global warning but I was informed that I am not allowed to post links. If anyone is interested in fact, the information is on the BBC UK site.
Isn't it strange that it is acceptable to help diffuse stolen material but not scientific data?

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:35 am »
I wanted to reply with a link to an irrefutable source on Global warning but I was informed that I am not allowed to post links

Once again the forum's policy is vindicated!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:38 am »
  source from the media that has been in the hoax camp......and where did they get their numbers?  from the "scientists"?

the question is not whether global warming is happening.  it may very well be happening.  the questions are:  does man cause global warming (or cooling) and can man do anything to control the temperature swings of the planet.

a 3rd grade kid, having studied the dinosaurs and ice ages, would question the global warming hype.  if the planet has had temp swings before, and some quite radical, the changes in temp must be a normal thing.  in fact, wouldn't it be brilliant of mother nature (or whomever) to have designed the earth to have fluctuations in temp to keep the balance the earth needs. 

global warming is falling apart just as global cooling did.  before we destroy our economy and our life style, don't you thing we should re-examine the "facts" and see how settled the science really is? 

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 12:25:38 pm »
I wanted to reply with a link to an irrefutable source on Global warning but I was informed that I am not allowed to post links. If anyone is interested in fact, the information is on the BBC UK site.
Isn't it strange that it is acceptable to help diffuse stolen material but not scientific data?

I think watching water boil would be more interresting :-D

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 01:31:10 pm »

That's a news site.  I don't trust the BBC anymore, they are too close to East Anglia.  Besides, nobody is disputing that there is a general warming theme over the last century, the dispute is how much warming and what it is caused by.

And if you were interested, there isn't much proof of anything in the emails, but those emails do verify a lot of suspicions, they verify a lot of research into the methods those scientists used, they reinforce the confidence that what was done was done wrong or in deceit. <add> There are also a lot of interesting program code in there with some very, very interesting (and damning) comments!!

The earth has been in a general warming trend since before the beginning of the last century, since the end of the last solar minimum, the oceans have been in a general rising trend, the trends have been relatively constant, even dipping mid century when they "should" have been rising.

Most of the IPCC graphs are modified, filtered, modelled, adjusted, and then crapped out of the bowels of the great AGW establishment.  If you start looking at straight graphs, the weather stations that generate them, land use, solar trends, oceanographic trends, historical trends, etc, then CO2 starts looking like a pretty pathetic modifier.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/10may_longrange.htm
"The slowdown we see now means that Solar Cycle 25, peaking around the year 2022, could be one of the weakest in centuries," says Hathaway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Considering it was a solar minimum that caused the little ice age, I think that at Copenhagen perhaps they should be discussing how to spend money for undeveloped island nations on coats, not boats!!

Rick

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:47:07 pm »
first thing you learn when you start doing computer sim is that the results you get are only as good as the data you enter.  also that you can tweak the results without really lying.....

in those emails were suggestions that emails be deleted.  wonder what we don't have?

anything