Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Up coming Inspection today  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Sydney guy

• House Bee
Up coming Inspection today
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:29:25 pm »
I haven't had a very good year in the macarthur area this year. It has been very dry up until a couple of weeks ago. This month we have had about 10 inches of rain so everything is green. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to check my bees since early feb so im a little worried about them after these stormy couple of weeks. One got a lid hit by a falling branch with would of let a fair bit of water in over 24-48 hour period. I check the hives every couple of days from the out side and do see pollen going in. But can never tell if nectar is going in from the out side. Has been little nectar this year. Hopefully the girls are well this morning when I inspect.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Sydney guy

• House Bee
Re: Up coming Inspection today
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:33:40 am »
So i did my inspection today and 3 on my hives are going well but there is definitely a nectar shortage :/
2 hives were very weak one that the lid go moved and water got in, in a storm and the other the block it was on had sunk at the back a bit and found it today with water inside and pooled at the back, there was an apithor trap in there that was all wet. Both hives are being fed sugar surup for the next month or so to help them improve. The othe 3 good hives have used a hell of a lot of their stored honey. Hopefully there is some sort of nectar flow now everything is green after the rain we have had.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

anything