MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE CONSTITUTION

I Only want TWO THINGS FROM MY GOVERNMENT

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kathyp:
fair enough.  or extend the voting hours.  make it a 24 hour thing Friday-Saturday.

There was a time when voting meant enough that many jobs gave people time off to do it.

beemaster:
About online voting - one valid point is how money transacts from place to place, we eat dinner out and before you get to your car the charge is on your credit card. Billions, if not trillions of electronic transactions happen every day and the BEST of hackers seem to get nothing more that unsecured information from people's account - rarely do SSNs get stolen through hacking.

My point is that if I can trust EVERY PENNY I have ever saved to an online banking institution, one which might have me making dozens of buy/sell orders a week - then why can't (as an option) you be allowed to vote at home (cancelling your ability at the actual poll) or visa-verse instantly.

Not for one second do I believe the actual poll count we see across this country is near correct - I'd guess poll results differ as much as 3-4% of actual polling numbers - so you have a fudge factor. How many times did Florida have recounts with Bush-Gore?

So, AS AN OPTION we sign-up online and create a National (or State) Voting Account.  It asks the same questions, what was your first dogs name? What was your mothers middle name, where were you married, etc. Then we get our usernames and passwords and if we choose VOTE at HOME!

I hate to add, make it more like gun registration if you think it is easily compromised - I don't want people waiting to vote for 6 months like it took me to get my firearms license.

It not only could work, but is inevitable - will an every growing population, the Feds will pass a law to allow online voting and I think it could be every bit as near flawless as the way trillions of dollars are handled every day.

Richard M:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 27, 2014, 11:53:49 pm ---  The only real options for cheating are all those dead people who vote every year...

--- End quote ---

Or as they say in Sydney (Australia) - "Vote Early, Vote Often".

beemaster:
Good Posts here.

I don't care how the Party's figure out a campaign tour around a National Primary Day - let's do it!

So, From Friday noon to Saturday noon in every timezone - we Have the primary everywhere in all 50 states - Saturday night we celebrate a new President and reenforced that no matter how much we hate a President, we still accept him as our new Highest Negator of Laws, if veto power is used. Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces. That's a lot and AS A PEOPLE we accept the new person to do All three well.

Honestly though, if you are just getting to the First Tuesday in June (how NJ used to be) you have no candidates to choose from - they've all stepped out of the race. If Right-winged, and you didn't have anyone to vote for because it came too late for you - they're discounting your vote on the Candidates Running. So you likely never went out on a Primary Day before. Join us 3 months earlier and lets all of us chose the candidates from each party early on (or later, wouldn't bother me one bit if ALL of us voted National Primary in any calendar month - long as we all vote that day.

I know to get any of these wishes, it still takes the Legislative Branches - to please everyone and then I'm sure added as a new Article or something.

Eric Bosworth:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 27, 2014, 08:53:08 pm --->DO AWAY WITH THE Electoral College

There were very good reasons for the electoral college.  The original system was this:

U.S. Congressmen were elected by the people.
U.S. Senators were elected by the the state senators
U.S. Presidents were elected by the Electoral college
Electoral college was elected by the people.

When this country was young you didn't "run" for office, you got "drafted" by the state senate to represent them in the U.S. senate.  You didn't "run" for president, you got "drafted" by the Electoral college.  This was, in my opinion, a very good system.  Anyone might get elected president even if they didn't want to "run".  Only U.S. congressmen and state senators really were campaigning and that was only in their local jurisdictions.

Now we have laws in most states that require the electoral college to vote the same as the candidate.  When I first voted the names on the ballot for President were the person who was running for the electoral college representing that presidential candidate... now they just put the candidate on the ballot which gives the misimpression you are having a popular vote for president.  If Germany had an electoral college there would have been one last chance to NOT elect Hitler...

--- End quote ---

I totally agree that the electoral college needs to stay. But I would also say that we should have one national primary day and we should get rid of the direct election of senators. The senate is supposed to represent states. The direct election of senators takes the state representation out of the federal government. The people are effectively being represented twice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version