Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Sorry that happened to you it is one of my big fears with my hive all under trees
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 01:27:51 pm »
Thanks for that info. It's a sad state of affairs all of the suing that's going on any more.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room
« Last post by FatherMichael on Today at 01:14:34 pm »
26 states have filed suit against Biden's rule against the private sale of guns.
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by animal on Today at 12:06:09 pm »
A sign you're getting old, I guess ... finding things funny that seem normal to others ... I've been noticing many "new ones" over the years.

Just curious, but who else chuckled a little ...

When they saw "Laser Projects" under the category of "Farming and Country Life"?
Terri I do not remember if you have mentioned queen cells, (since you are new and taking in a lot of information), I will ask, have you mentioned seeing queen cells in your mentors hive?

Phillip
Not yet but I haven't been there since I got my hive mid April. He said he did lose a swarm so I expect that he does have them. I think it's next Saturday he's supposed to do some manipulations and I've been invited to attend so I'll be on the lookout for them then. I was looking for them in my hive inspections and didn't see anything that looked suspicious. I'm pretty happy with how fast my colony is growing but for all I know, it might be slow by comparison.
Terri I do not remember if you have mentioned queen cells, (since you are new and taking in a lot of information), I will ask, have you mentioned seeing queen cells in your mentors hive?

Phillip
Bill I watched a video of one of the Commercial Beekeepers, (I can't remember if it was Bob Binnnie, Ian Steppler, or someone else), where he and his team used at least 'a' drone comb in each colony. I do not remember hearing him say whether or not this was removed at a later time. Nor do I remember
during the 'time' of the making of the video if there was one used in 'each' Brood box.   
There was a good bit of drone brood on a couple of frames but thanks for the insight. Next time I'll pay more attention to how much drone brood there is and where it's located. The drone cells looked larger to me than my neighbor's did. My neighbor also suggested that I get the frames up closer to the camera so they can be seen by viewers.
Didnt watch the whole vid. It is for Drones. The plastic foundation is not stamped for larger Done cells unless you use the green frames. If you keep on top of it and keep scraping they will eventually build it on the plastic. If not they will keep drawing it between the frames, because they want that amount of drone comb. Approx 20%
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by Lesgold on Today at 08:54:41 am »
The brass lid worked well Jim. It looks as though the finish applied to the lid is different to what I have on mine. You a creating some good stuff. Well done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10