Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Make guns illegal  (Read 16710 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Make guns illegal
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2016, 02:50:28 pm »
>Bad guy had a gun.  cop had to run and hide because he was not armed.  Great message!

When attacked by the bad guys they just say:
"Stop!  Or I'll yell stop again!!!"
or
"If you don't stop, I'll use harsh language!!!"
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Snowhitsky

• New Bee
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 05:05:38 am »
No. They take cover, keep the criminal in sight and then call the armed unit to deal with him. It happened to me at a military show in the 90s in the UK. A couple of young tourists thought it would be fun to aim pen lasers from a hotel window at a couple of my men on guard duty at the gate. Not a very smart move as we were expecting trouble from the IRA. The soldiers took cover, we asked for an armed response team from London's Metropolitan Police which duly stormed the room and arrested the pranksters. No one was hurt and the idiots were deported the next day.

Here's a list of police officers killed on duty in the UK since 1900:

http://www.policerollofhonour.org.uk/roll_of_honour/homicides/homicide_list_1900.htm

What is instructive about it is how few are killed by criminals. Care to compare this with US figures? Anyone?

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2016, 06:42:18 am »
No. They take cover, keep the criminal in sight and then call the armed unit to deal with him. It happened to me at a military show in the 90s in the UK. A couple of young tourists thought it would be fun to aim pen lasers from a hotel window at a couple of my men on guard duty at the gate. Not a very smart move as we were expecting trouble from the IRA. The soldiers took cover, we asked for an armed response team from London's Metropolitan Police which duly stormed the room and arrested the pranksters. No one was hurt and the idiots were deported the next day.

Here's a list of police officers killed on duty in the UK since 1900:

http://www.policerollofhonour.org.uk/roll_of_honour/homicides/homicide_list_1900.htm

What is instructive about it is how few are killed by criminals. Care to compare this with US figures? Anyone?

And what if it wasn't a laser and actually a gun?

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2016, 11:45:15 am »
"What is instructive about it is how few are killed by criminals".

What do they call someone who commits homicide in the U.K.?  Here, we call them criminals.

Okay, I know what you're saying.  Just pulling your chain.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2016, 01:51:17 pm »
Snow.....
What sorta surprized me was the lack of conviction and lower punishment convictions untill about the 1970 mark when it seemed the death rate increases as well as the conviction rate as well as the seriousness of the charge they were convicted on.  When did the gun laws change and am I just immagining a trend of some sort?
Cheers
gww

Offline Snowhitsky

• New Bee
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom

Real restrictions didn't really start until after WW1 by the looks of it.

anything