Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ: CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP TO BEEMASTER FORUMS  (Read 5640 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Dear Beemaster Members:

Many of you have never seen me post in the forum, it's been many years since I was active in beekeeping because of both heath and restrictions imposed in my state of NJ. The law has been changed so that you need at least ONE ACRE of property to keep bees. Health issues existed before this law went into effect, mostly back pain and torn rotator cuffs exclude me from lifting.

But to be totally honest, beekeeping is something I did since the age of 14 and quit nearly 8 years ago. Since then, many hobbies which I could easily do filled the beekeeping void. Some of you have seen I do online cooking, astrophotography and other things as I am now retired and enjoying time with my wonderful wife, who I hope retires within the next year or so.

Beemaster.com was originally a site where, using basic drag and drop software I was able to put a beginners website for information on equipment, techniques, contained a long and detailed logbook of daily activity with the bees. It served as a nice "Basics" and many people said it helped them into the hobby. But, I was not learned and my site had limitations. Thus it evolved into the forum it is today.

I need to thank so many people who made this forum possible, many who have come and gone in the 17 or so years it was beemaster.com - NONE of which more than ROBO who literally took us through several software versions, always tweaking and bettering the code and functionality of the forum you see today. Rob I am forever grateful.

To all of you I have met through the forum and in person, and to all who have contributed content and funding, it has been an honor to have known you and had you active all these many years. It?s wonderful to have such a huge crowd to still be active in our community.

But, so many moderators who spent countless hours keeping the walls fortified from those who seek chaos and arguments among the membership. So many people who join, read the rules and then disobey them, knowing they'll be booted. Every forum has those and moderators are always on the look out to keep this a family friendly community - to everyone, over all these years, your behind the scenes work has sustained the forum in a time where social media has become the norm. Even with Beemaster's International Beekeeping Facebook Page, the forum has kept 11,000 members and still grows.

Today, I began transferring possession of the beemaster.com domain to Jim, SAWDSTMKR, our Global Moderator from Florida, who has shown great moderation skills and a deep passion for the forum. He graciously accepts the forum with the promise to keep it family friendly, commercial free and always in the spirit of share and learned knowledge.

As the new owner, all current forum contributions will be transferred to him and future monetary gifts will directly be made to his control for paying the cost of forum expenses - online content storage and backup storage are the costliest.

Needless to say, the forum will be in very good hands with both him and Robo taking the forum into the future.

It has been amazing the 17 years as Beemaster.com and the 4 years I had as a beginner's intro to beekeeping site prior to Beemaster - but my contribution has long ended and it is only fair to have someone with the passion to continue. Jim is that person and I know he will continue to grow Beemaster as a premier site for beekeeping and community.

God Bless you all, and continued health and prosperity.

John Clayton

Beemaster
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ: CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP TO BEEMASTER FORUMS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:28:05 am »
John,
I want to personally thank you for creating this great BeeMaster forum. I surfed a lot of bee forums and none of them were as friendly or helpful as this one.
I have learned a lot about beekeeping from your site.
God bless and enjoy your retirement.
I fully intend to keep this site running just the way you set it up.

Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 01:42:03 am »
Dear Mr Beemaster John Clayton,

First of all I want to say it is an honor and privilege to be a member here on this wonderful bee forum that you and the folks that you mentioned have built. I found this forum in 2008 and read many post for a few months sparking a deep interest in honey bees. As life would have it, I was to busy to actually become a beekeeper. I was impressed with many who, I am happy to say, are still active and posting here these days as well. Yet many of that time are either gone, such as Brian D Bray, or no longer posting. Some here are beekeeping legends in my view. I reunited here in 2017, joining after making the decision to become a beekeeper, one year before I actually began keeping bees. For that first year of membership I was constantly reading and digging, seeking knowledge of the wonderful blessing, the honey bee. I suppose I could have read books instead but the beekeepers here are such great people and friends. Finally obtained my first bees via cut out in spring of 2018 and I haven't looked back. As HoneyPump and The15thMember says beemaster rocks!

Your wise insight and dedication to this site is so appreciated. I cannot fathom the long hours and dedication you and others have spent making sure beemaster is the very best! Adding, I can not think of a better choice of person to take the reigns of beemaster than daddy Jim. His wisdom is far and few inbetween as a moderator. Thanks for telling us about Robo as well. He is a nice fellow. (His bee vac design is legend to boot). Im sure there are others also.

Thank you Mr Beemaster for all you do, and all you have done to help folks directly or indirectly through this forum to become beekeepers and better beekeepers. I have to ask, do you really understand just how signifinate you and your services really have been to thousands the world over, and still are?

Gods Blessings to you and yours as well, Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you Sir!

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 02:46:05 am »
I'd like to thank 2 people in particular:

John - thank you for setting up this great forum. It has changed my life, my family's life, as well as many other people around me now. ... and made my bees happier.  :cheesy: :grin:

AND Jim (sawdustmaker): you've perpetuated an outstanding forum Sir. Thank You! And congratulations on the new name - Beemaster2 - very appropriate.  :cool:

P.S. - I'll try to behave on the forum, and not cause you any grief. No promises though.  :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 02:48:45 am »
I'd like to thank 2 people in particular:

John - thank you for setting up this great forum. It has changed my life, my family's life, as well as many other people around me now. ... and made my bees happier.  :cheesy: :grin:

AND Jim (sawdustmaker): you've perpetuated an outstanding forum Sir. Thank You! And congratulations on the new name - Beemaster2 - very appropriate.  :cool:

P.S. - I'll try to behave on the forum, and not cause you any grief. No promises though.  :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

>P.S. - I'll try to behave on the forum, and not cause you any grief. No promises though.  :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Haa haa I like it Alan, I will try also. lol

PS We had better succeed!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 04:08:00 am »
🤣😆😂
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 05:11:38 am »
It looks like most of it has been said. I'll just add DITTO and good luck to you both, and stick in one extra kudo to Robo, who has been a saint with his IT knowledge and willingness to share it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 08:50:07 am »
Excellent choice Mr Beemaster. (John Clayton)
And thank you for all you have done.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 11:40:15 am »
I second all the previous comments.  Thank you so much for creating such an amazing community here, Mr. Clayton.  Thank you Robo for your tech skills in keeping everything running and for helping me learn how feed my first packages when we had a cold snap.  Also thank you to Jim for being such a great mod, and congratulations on the promotion and the new name!  The future of the forum is very secure in your more than capable hands.  Thank you also to all the members who make this such a welcoming and helpful place to be.  I am confident that we all here at Beemaster would be nowhere near the beekeepers we are without this forum.       
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 01:41:02 pm »
Aloha John,

Although we have not had any personal interactions on the forum, I would like to thank you for your dedication to the community and fellow beekeepers such as myself.  I found Beemaster two years ago after searching the web for bee forums and I only wanted to commit myself to one for time purposes.  I chose Beemaster as it seemed to be the most genuine, authentic, and caring forum where members were really trying to help one another and ego's were not present.  So, thank you for providing what is to me the best and most authorative bee forum on the web!  Of course, it is not only because of yourself, but also the likes of Jim and so many others and the willingness to help one another that has fostered such a wonderful community.

So John, I bid you a fond aloha and mahalo (thank you) from a tiny little 44 x 30 square-mile island in the pacific.  Wishing you all the best in life--your forum has helped mine for sure.

To Jim, I couldn't be happier to hear that you are assuming the helm.  I always appreciate reading your posts and replies on not only my threads, but all over Beemaster and know for certain that under your care and guidance, Beemaster will continue to bee the go-to resource for thousands of beekeepers around the globe.

My thanks to you both, John and Jim!

Matthew

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 08:41:31 pm »
John
Thanks for all you have done.
Jim good luck

anything