Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sen. Barbara Boxer Bill for HoneyBees  (Read 3532 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Sen. Barbara Boxer Bill for HoneyBees
« on: July 01, 2007, 09:18:44 pm »
A friend gave me an article as follows:

"Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., introduced legislation Tuesday to fund research into the die-off of millions of honeybees in the United States.

The Pollinator Protection Act would authorize $89 million in federal funding for a research and grant program at the U.S. Department of Agriculture over five years for work related to maintaining the bee population as well as native pollinators."

It goes on a bit more, but what do you all think about this???? Do you think something like this could pass???? I was very excited about this.

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Sen. Barbara Boxer Bill for HoneyBees
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:04:23 pm »
I like the idea, but not sure if it the bill would pass.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:57:09 pm »
It's a shame something like had to happen to wake someone up.
In the past there has been so many budget cuts that affected funds and some thing were closed down and others cut..
 "If" it passes it will be the best thing that has happened for the Honey Bees and other polinaters in quiet some time.
doak

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:00:55 pm »
probably most of the money goes to CA.  guess that's ok if it really goes for research, but somehow money from the government never quite seems to get to where it's supposed to be.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.