Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looked at a removal today  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
Looked at a removal today
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:00:34 pm »

I believe this will be a good easy one for first time. He said they were there last year. It?s in a little bathroom/shower house on a hunting club. You could tell on the outside where they patched all the knot holes in the boards but I guess they missed this one. Going to try it this weekend or early next week.

Offline Waveeater

• House Bee
Re: Looked at a removal today
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:39:15 am »
 That one should be an easy one to do if there is a such thing.  Good luck   

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 01:00:31 pm »
I have had some that looked hard that were easy and some that looked easy that were hard. Kind of like Forrest Gump and a box of chocolates. You really do not know until you get inside. If they are in a particle area and confined you can knock them out. Sometimes there are gaps, openings within the wall from one area to another etc. The infrared camera sure helps though.  Do you have an update Nock?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 11:37:38 pm »

Got them this afternoon. Wasn?t real big at all. Just starting to cap first cycle of brood. Things didn?t go as planned. Most of comb hit the floor. That insulation was in bad shape from mice. Had some issues with bee vac I made. Was losing some suction. They were balling up bad in hose. Sucked the queen up. Saw her at the last moment. I rubber banded three pieces on one frame. That was it. Good learning experience.

anything