Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lost Time  (Read 8323 times)

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
Lost Time
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:11 am »
Well you can blame this one on the Beemaster.  As talking around 1:00 a.m. the subject was brought up.  So it got me to thinking how many more people out there have had an experience where they have lost time.  I have alot of them especially at nite while i'm alone driving landmarks and such that i will look at along my route seem like they just vanished and i start getting paniced that i should have done passed them but i don't remember it.  It's a little odd but i was wondering if anybody else besides me and the Beemaster have had experiences like this and when they happen to you?  The reason i ask is that one guy thinks he was taken by aliens during a lost time episodes he had. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Re: Lost Time
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 03:16:48 am »
Yes - late at night, dark and driving, without much visual stimulus and with eyes fixed on the road for safety sake, it is quite easy to miss the milestones that you would chalk up during the daytime.

A separate experience many years ago - and later attributed to stress and long work hours, I found myself outside a train station (of course I had arrived by train) quite a long way away and after a couple of hours lost.

But so far - no aliens for me (of course excepting myself, as I am indeed an alien).
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:39:44 am »
Its called road hypnosis, and can be very dangerous. I have done it many times when working long hours. On the drive home you are so tired and only focused on the road next thing you know you are home and can't remember passing the local bank, store, red light, or whatever. You passed them but you were unaware and in a sort of "hypnotized state".  You also passed the kids walking on side of the road, and the lady that almost pulled out in front of you ih her car, and those early morning joggers too :-\

Keith

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:10:29 pm »
I've had that too from time to time.  I don't think I'd consider it hypnosis as you describe it, Keith, because anything out of the ordinary, hikers, cars pulling out, etc, are always noticed.  Its just that I don't pay attention to the same old stuff that I've seen a million times.  I don't see the store, but if Puncho the clown were dancing in front of the store, well then I'd probably notice... :-D

Sometimes however...I'll see the biker, hiker, etc, but not until i'm closer than I should be.  Perhaps its that that snaps the hypnosis?

But thankfully its really really rare that anything like that happens.
Rick

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »
I've experienced lost time. I once lost several hours. One minute I was in Vegas enjoying myself, the next thing I knew I woke up in a 32x8' trailer in Kingman, AZ. Somehow I was naked and lying next to the ugliest Indian girl in North America...

Must have been aliens. :evil:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:10:10 pm »
I wouldn't say it happens all the time at nite i have it happen from time to time in the day.  It's like your brain just shuts down and for whatever reason the trip goes unrecorded in our memories.  Which who knows might have seen something we weren't supposed to and got zapped by some memory altering device.  Just a thought like you guys say there are simplier explanations but on the other hand i don't like to say that the government might have something to do with it considering they control all the roads signs and red lights. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:08:25 am »
     Any of you folks have any familiarity with Rosacrucian teachings?  How about Andrew Jackson Davis?  Jane Roberts/SETH?  Franz Bardon?

I hate to drag out any of the "All is Illusion" theology without any hook to hang it on.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 01:53:55 pm »
I've experienced lost time. I once lost several hours. One minute I was in Vegas enjoying myself, the next thing I knew I woke up in a 32x8' trailer in Kingman, AZ. Somehow I was naked and lying next to the ugliest Indian girl in North America...

That's funny, I heard a similar story about an indian girl waking up next to the ugliest man in America!! :-D  Crazy aliens...
Rick

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:54:55 pm »

That's funny, I heard a similar story about an indian girl waking up next to the ugliest man in America!! :-D  Crazy aliens...

Considering that I was able to get the hell out of there without waking her up (and I didn't even have to chew my arm off) that's quite a coincidence.
 :roll:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 09:25:44 am »
just wake up thank you!

Guess you could take this two ways
Drive safely

bee aware of your surroundings enough to know who implanted what
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:52:52 pm by jayj200 »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »
It is really bad driving on highways in the heavy fog on roads you drive every day when you sudenly realize you are much further than you thought you were or you have no idea where you are because all you can see is trees and no  distinct land marks.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin