Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CABRINI  (Read 258 times)

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
CABRINI
« on: March 09, 2024, 08:27:14 pm »
Hi Folks,

My wife and I saw Cabrini today. Good, good movie.

I can't say too much,... because,... I've been dreaming about this actress, in this role, as a Nun, since I was a small child. My heart is still aflutter. Can't tell my wife, though.

Sal

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
Re: CABRINI
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:31:11 pm »
Is it Sally Field? If so, I can relate to that flutter...:cool:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 12:03:32 pm »
Never heard of it.  What is it on?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 01:31:32 pm »
how Italians flooded into the country and fixed the terrible problem of disorganized crime in major cities.

KIDDING ! KIDDING !
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 04:21:32 pm »
I'm an Irish/Scots man. I married an Italian girl,... and her family. Funny stories!!!!! Scary in some cases. Al, Sonny, Junior, Vinnie, Mikey, Cousin Domenic (with the big hands), Big Angie (the little one), Little Angie (the BIG one) & skinny, little Billy McCahhhthy,  Esther & Ralph (I want to be buried right on top of my husband. Sorry, there are three other women there already! Then the fight started.). Women crawling into caskets,..... visiting "Cedar Junction", Cousin Dom met his demise in a Caddie, at a red light. And on, and on, and on.

I've been to some gooood weddings. My wedding was the BEST wedding I never enjoyed. Too busy thanking people. Big Angie made and embroidered and kept The Purse. That was her job. Don couldn't play my wedding (couldn't get out of a booking. You know how it is, Sal.), so he had his son Jack fly in from Vegas just to do my FIL the favor. IT WAS GREAT! Aunts bragged about it for years, much to the consternation of my wife's cousins.

There's no such thing as the Mafia. It's all Hollywood.

Go see Cabrini. Lie and tell me you didn't fall in love with that actress.

Sal

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 12:04:50 pm »
Cool. Your wedding sounds like great fun and I bet your wife can cook ! I married a Scot girl (grandparents on both sides rode the boat over so the Scottishness is still kinda thick in her family). Scots aren't exactly known for great food. One early example of her cooking was baked chicken...Her only previous experience was shake-n-bake, but didn't have any. She had heard of using crushed corn flakes as a shake-n-bake type thing. Didn't have that either, but we did have frosted flakes. It was ... edible ... so huge success!(comparatively speaking).Did I mention she was REALLY pretty?
A repeated question at our wedding was "who's the mob guy?" (It was my stepfather). Not that he was a mobster, or anything like that, but his Italian-vibe was really thick. He did help out the struggle between the Italian shrimpers/fishermen on Pontchartrain and the Vietnamese, but who didn't? A little after that mess, I went out with him on the skiff ... we saw a guy running crab traps in the channel (illegal), so he steered her around to run the channel (legal) .. he giggled a little every time the trawl scooped up a trap and the motor dipped rpms. .. The guy that had been running the traps started yelling and waving a pistol .. Bobby pulls out a clip fed stainless 12 gauge from somewhere, tosses it to me and says "be our figurehead, but don't kill him unless he hits one of us or the boat, we need evidence of self-defense". Okay, cool ... took up a spot in front of the picking box and the guy calmed down. Never pointed the shotgun at anyone, mostly just drooled over it a bit, since I'd never seen one like it. .. Made more money selling the traps and crabs than on shrimp that day. We got along great. :cool:

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 10:02:37 pm »
Going with *The Mood* of this thread....

Pope Francis reveals how he was so 'dazzled' by a girl when he was a young man that he struggled to pray - and nearly gave up plans to be a priest.

Also: Please watch only the first few minutes of this movie. I saw it in B&W as a *child*. I was deeply affected.... In Color? Oh my.

Movie Scene: Sophia Loren Jorge Mistral IN 🎬 Boy on a Dolphin (1957)

https://youtu.be/u4ARr7ptbLI

Sal

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 10:57:01 pm »
I always liked St. Augustine's prayer for celibacy  :cheesy: