Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: finally swarm season  (Read 4370 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Re: finally swarm season
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 08:54:44 am »
Danno,

I think I have 20 new frames and foundation you can borrow, if you get in a pinch. I have a lot of used stuff, but most wouldn't want to use others used stuff.

We could meet in Crystal Valley or Ruby Creek.

Anyhow the offer is open, if you need it.

Jay
thanks Jay
I'll keep that in mind.  I still have 9 swarm traps hanging so as long as the swarms cooperate and stay away from them I should be OK.   I also have a observation hive that I want a small swarm with a virgin queen.   Terry are you building frames from scratch?

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 09:22:49 am »
Dan, I dashed up to Dadants in Albion and grabbed a couple hundred frames as I was out. That's one item that I will never try to build. They are just to cheap to buy and take about five minutes to glue-staple 10 of them with the jig.
I found the source of all my recent swarm captures. Turns out someone dumped 120 hives on pallets about 3 miles down the road. I knew that all these free bees were not from the woods. Looking for the owner of those pallets to talk about him screwing up my queen breeding program.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 01:37:12 pm »
checked 1/2 of my 9 remaining swarm traps and had 3 more.  I'm pulling them down next week.  One more and I'll have 15 this year

Offline seabees

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »
Do you requeen your swarm catches?
Debbie

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 08:58:33 am »
Do you requeen your swarm catches?
No I dont.  I use them mostly for drawing new comb.   They all get 1/2 drawn combs and 1/2 new frames and foundation.  Swarms are the best wax producers

anything