Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Richard Dreyfuss on Aliens  (Read 5139 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Richard Dreyfuss on Aliens
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:38:04 am »
Guess this was a bit crushing to hear, but on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory the other night, Richard Dreyfuss was asked about his beliefs on Aliens. As the beloved character Roy Neery on Close Encounters of the Third Kind ( a serious classic for UFO believers ) Richard was asked if he believed in visitors from other planets, galaxies, etc.. He replied that he is from the SHOW ME State and has to have proof and has never seen plausible proof, thus thinks it is absurd.

He further stated (and I disagree with his thinking) that "Why are aliens always portrayed as more advanced than us, naked beings that shy away from humans" I believe the first part of that statement is pretty simple, aliens of all developmental states are out there, but obviously ones LESS developed then us are not going to be able to travel such vast distances if they haven't even invented the wheel yet. Of course parallel or greater engineering societies are only the ones able to get here - and I added parallel because, alien societies do not have to travel the same path we do to get to a further exploratory stage than us, they may have just advanced their technology differently in the same way we have gotten to where we are.

My firm belief on "Naked Aliens" is more of a figment of his thinking than general Ufological thought. Most "educated ufologists" believe that the LARGE BLACK EYES seen on the small gray aliens are simply space suit visors - we have the gold covered open faced helmets and their suits have large individual eye shields large enough to see easily through - again, a technological design difference.

Sad to think though (and yes I know he is only an actor) but it seems a plot-line as Close Encounters had, and the time it took to film and so on, would have at least swayed him to a bit more neutral thinking skeptic, not a left-winged one. Pretty sure he is one of those ultra lefties - ugh.

Then he says (and this made little sense too) that after doing Jaws, he would NEVER walk into the water from the beach again, but had no problem scuba diving. I was just disappointed I guess, silly really - but would have expected a better more satisfying interview.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Richard Dreyfuss on Aliens
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:01:07 am »
I wish I could remember the one actor who gave the best response ever to an interviewer he said "I have the greatest job in the world, I get a boatload of money to play pretend, like a kid" he also said something about actors taking themselves seriously unto ridiculousness.
be happy and make others happy.

anything