Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey from comb that has had brood previously  (Read 3001 times)

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
Re: Honey from comb that has had brood previously
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2022, 02:08:57 pm »
Research showed that hone from brood combs had the same beneficial effects as Melaleuca honey which sells for outrageous amounts.  I think any perceived difference is an illusion.  The honey looks darker in the comb because of the cocoons.  But I don't see any difference when it is extracted.  I'm not saying there isn't any difference, because the above mentioned study actually says it's better for you...

@Michael Bush - Michael can I have that reference please to the research? I can't find it anywhere because the internet is full of ads. Even knowing the lab or school that did the research would help.  Thanks much.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Honey from comb that has had brood previously
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2022, 02:31:36 pm »
>Michael can I have that reference please to the research? I can't find it anywhere because the internet is full of ads. Even knowing the lab or school that did the research would help.

I don't have it handy and I'd have to search for it.  A link was posted to it on Beesource quite a few years back.  I would search there and on scholar.google.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything