Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fact or Fiction; Concerning Cleopatra  (Read 512 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Fact or Fiction; Concerning Cleopatra
« on: November 26, 2022, 04:59:43 pm »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Fact or Fiction; Concerning Cleopatra
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 05:14:12 pm »
Unknowable  :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 06:44:07 pm »
 :wink: :grin:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 09:56:56 am »
The biggest fallacy is that she was Egytian.  Cleopatra was the Greek ruler of Egypt.  She was not Egyptian.  She was the ruler of the Ptolemaic division of Alexander's empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemaic_dynasty
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 11:57:23 am »
That being the case mummification was not the tradition of 'her' people. So in that case the ideas brought forth in the potential history changing report are fiction.

Phillip
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:42:28 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 06:01:22 pm »
That being the case mummification was not the tradition of 'her' people. So in that case the ideas brought forth in the potential history changing report are fiction.

Phillip
That's not necessarily the case.  The line between Greek and Egyptian culture was not so defined in Egypt in this time period.  Ptolemy I, the first Greek ruler of Egypt was mummified, and many of his successors were as well.  Alexander the Great, who brought Egypt under Greek rule, was very religious, and he respected and began practicing aspects of Egyptian religion and Persian religion as these kingdoms came under his influence.  This trend would continue through much of the Hellenistic era.  Something to keep in mind is that the Greeks essentially believed that all the gods that were worshipped by all the different peoples were the same, but with different names, so the Greeks just treated these religions as different rituals to the same deities.  For example Amon-Ra, the sun god in Egyptian mythology, became known as Zeus Amon-Ra during the Hellenistic Period due to the Greeks who were living there.       
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 06:12:50 pm by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 07:11:58 pm »
Thanks Reagan

Phillip

anything