Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why are football (soccer) fans so insanely passionate?  (Read 3342 times)

Offline freestown7

• New Bee
Why are football (soccer) fans so insanely passionate?
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:25:24 pm »
Why are football (soccer) fans so insanely passionate?

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Why are football (soccer) fans so insanely passionate?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 01:56:17 pm »
I'm not a soccer fan, so I can't comment personally, but I think that one of the reasons is that soccer is really the only major sport in a lot of countries.  Essentially all the sports fans in these areas are soccer fans by default, and I think this causes a stronger uniting effect amongst the fans, as they all support the same sport and in many cases the same team.  And when one fanbase is insane, the others get insane as well to prove that they are just as good of a team and as supportive of a fanbase.  That's my theory anyway.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:11:57 am »
Because they are insane?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 09:08:55 pm »
I player soccer as a child and loved it.
I watch European teams playing now on tv and see players writhing on the ground in immense pain after being touched near the leg only to get up and play on after the stretcher comes out. No goal games, draws, segregated crowds ridiculous salaries. Yawn.
It?s just a game.

anything