Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Does anyone get calls from the swarm remover map?  (Read 7783 times)

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
Does anyone get calls from the swarm remover map?
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:41:28 pm »
Just curious, has anyone actually got any successful calls from people through the swarm/bee removal map?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Does anyone get calls from the swarm remover map?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »
i have not. when you google swarm removal, it does not come up on the first page.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemused

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »
I  have received a couple calls from it but they were both over 200 miles from me. Tried to find someone in their area for them but had no luck.

Bruce
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »
I have, but not from the swarm remover map on this site (I don't even think I'm listed here).

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:55:04 pm »
Not me either :'( :'(

Mine come from craigs list or word of mouth.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:25:41 am »

G3

Craigslist is great for getting swarm calls.  It's probably one of the best sources... that and police/fire departments. 

Offline cundald

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:18:17 am »

G3

Craigslist is great for getting swarm calls.  It's probably one of the best sources... that and police/fire departments. 

How do you list it on craigs list.

Under which category.

cundald
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Offline charmd2

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 09:36:38 am »
I'm under for sale, farm and garden??  home and garden??  something like that.
Then I title the add free bee swarm removal,   (clinton area) 

then you show up under most general searches.  I'm sure it probally should be listed under services, technically, but you wouldn't show up for most searchers. 
Charla Hinkle

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 10:05:17 am »
I have not receive a call yet. But I am hoping one will come soon

Johnny

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:32 am »
I posted on craigslist and had a response within three days.
Damien

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:02:31 am »
Have not received a call from this site that I know of.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 11:59:11 am »

How do you list it on craigs list.

Under which category.

cundald
[/quote]

I posted under Items wanted... I get a call about every other day!!  Some are false alarms from people who have NO idea of what a swarm or colony of bees are but thats a great chance to teach........
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:14 pm »
I posted in skilled services I think
Damien

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 01:54:50 pm »
I am listed on several online resources. I am not sure if any of the callers used this site, but I have gotten all but one call from online searches.

I also get a lot of calls from people who have no idea what a honey be is. Others are from great distances and cannot fine anyone local for removals.
Lots of false alarms! Like..."I seen bees in the flowers in my garden, can you get them out of there??" Or, 'there are honey bees in a big paper nest under the gutter of my house!'

Tons of calls about 'bumbles' and one call about big black and yellow/orange butterflies bothering cold drinks at their pool!  :roll: You know that you have to watch out for those drink stealing buttflies!

TH

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 03:14:06 pm »
I just got one from a referal, President of the Loudon County beeks and from craigs list.

It is going to be a cut out on a 3 seasons porch, what ever that is. She said it was about 2 feet off of the ground and she would have her friend put the boards back on the house, can't beat that. Been there three weeks, and did not want the exterminators to kill them out. We will see later this afternoon.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 12:22:47 am »
I have now beem called 4 times by the same guy about every 3 days for new swarms!!! :shock:  They all have queens because I generally find them.  Its a really great location next spring I will set up a few nucs with pharamoan  :-D
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 02:26:40 am »

G3

Don't forget Pest Control Companies....

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 10:21:47 am »
The pest control companies are the best.

I had some business cards made for "bee removal" and hand them out to every pest control guy I see. Once you are on their list AND respond AND have happy satisfied customers, the calls will keep coming. Biggest thing I hear is "we called a couple of other beekeepers but they never answered the phone", after asking these keeps about it their reply is always "did not recognize the number so I don't answer".

Not bragging but did almost $10K in cut out and trap outs last year.  :cool:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 11:33:34 am »
The pest control companies are the best.

I had some business cards made for "bee removal" and hand them out to every pest control guy I see. Once you are on their list AND respond AND have happy satisfied customers, the calls will keep coming. Biggest thing I hear is "we called a couple of other beekeepers but they never answered the phone", after asking these keeps about it their reply is always "did not recognize the number so I don't answer".

Not bragging but did almost $10K in cut out and trap outs last year.  :cool:

Congratulations on your cutout success! One season was plenty for me as I was using cutouts for an avenue to obtain bees.... I will still do one occasionally.

Pest Control was my best experience also G3. I went to fire stations, police departments, even the 911 folks. But Pest Control Companies were the folks that got the results.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 03:48:36 pm »
I get most of my calls from the Jacksonville bee club website. Lots of them. I do get a few from local pest control companies.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin