Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Birthday Bee Boxes  (Read 7169 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Birthday Bee Boxes
« on: June 06, 2020, 04:41:33 pm »
Since we couldn't go anywhere for my birthday this year because of the coronavirus, I decided to have a bee box painting party with my family.  I previously assembled and painted all the boxes white as a base, and then everyone painted the box however they wanted to from there.  It was a total blast and my hives look so great!  I thought I'd share with you all.  I've got a big family so this will take multiple posts.   

My artist sister who usually paints my boxes did this one, which I don't have on a hive at the moment. 

She also added a watermelon to the "Fruit Hive", which she previously painted a lemon for. 

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:06:27 pm by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: Birthday Bee Boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 04:44:37 pm »
The middle kids did M&M's (since I love Kyle Busch) and roses, which I decided to use as a super on a hive my artist sister painted for me my first year. 

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 04:46:59 pm »
My mom loves Snoopy and Woodstock, so she decided to paint them, and look how good hers turned out!  Seriously, doesn't that Joe Cool one look like a sticker!!  We were shocked at her skills.  :cool:

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:48:41 pm »
My youngest sister loves to draw dragons, so she painted a dragon box.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 04:50:37 pm »
I got a bunch of new boxes recently that have handles that always remind me of the shape of the mouths on our emojis here at Beemaster, so I decided to run with that idea.
 :cheesy:
 :grin:
 :cool:

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 04:52:30 pm »
And one of the younger kids and I also did some of my moisture quilts, which I specifically requested have a winter theme.  So I painted some Christmas lights, and she did snowmen.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 10:14:45 pm »
1st off - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  :grin:

2nd - you've some great artists in your family - those are beautiful boxes!  :cool: :cool: :cool:

... but Kyle Bush????? ... ... ... ...  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 10:38:51 pm »
1st off - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  :grin:
Thank you! :embarassed:

2nd - you've some great artists in your family - those are beautiful boxes!  :cool: :cool: :cool:
I know, right!!  My artistic talent is so lame compared to them.  :grin:

So you hate bunnies AND Kyle Busch?!  Man, Alan, I just don't know if I can be friends with you anymore.  :wink: :cheesy:

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 01:06:14 am »
I really like the snoopy and Woodstock box.  I was thinking about doing that to some of my hives but with 80+ hives I have a hard time just getting the boxes painted before they get put on the hives. 

I have to agree with Coolbees on this one.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 07:46:44 am »
Happy birthday.
Great work especially Snoppy.
My wife painted VW buses on the front of 4 hives during BeeFest 2019.
I also have an artist in our family. My daughter has been painting the Firehouse Subs fire scenes since she graduated from college about 15 years ago. I have been trying to get her to paint on her own the entire time. She just started painting on her own this year. 🤗
Enjoy your bee boxes.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 12:52:17 pm »

Hey, it's like Dale Earnhardt said, "As long as they're making noise."  :wink: :cool:

Happy birthday.
Thanks.  Oh, I remember seeing pictures of those hives; they are so fun!

I also have an artist in our family. My daughter has been painting the Firehouse Subs fire scenes since she graduated from college about 15 years ago. I have been trying to get her to paint on her own the entire time. She just started painting on her own this year. 🤗
Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean by this.  Does she paint the murals in the restaurants?  It's funny how artists sometimes have to be pushed to do art.  My sister can be the same way.  She's extremely talented, but she doesn't draw or paint anywhere near as much as she should.   

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 02:38:50 pm »

Hey, it's like Dale Earnhardt said, "As long as they're making noise."  :wink: :cool:

Happy birthday.
Thanks.  Oh, I remember seeing pictures of those hives; they are so fun!

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean by this.  Does she paint the murals in the restaurants?  It's funny how artists sometimes have to be pushed to do art.  My sister can be the same way.  She's extremely talented, but she doesn't draw or paint anywhere near as much as she should.   
Fire house subs have a painting/mural in their stores. They are on canvas. They are painting in Jacksonville and shipped to the new stores.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 04:43:06 pm »

So you hate bunnies AND Kyle Busch?!  Man, Alan, I just don't know if I can be friends with you anymore.  :wink: :cheesy:

... I hate it when that happens!  :angry: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

So true. I miss The Intimidator! Ole' #3 was my favorite.
... and Kyle's not toooo bad ... [choking sounds] ...  :cheesy: :cheesy: :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy: jk!

All joking aside - we are blessed to have nascar to argue over.  :cool:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 04:51:47 pm »
Happy Birthday Member!  Looks like a fun party!! Really neat stuff.......  Good idea on the smile box handle also!!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 05:08:30 pm »
Fire house subs have a painting/mural in their stores. They are on canvas. They are painting in Jacksonville and shipped to the new stores.
Jim Altmiller
That is so neat!  What a fun job!

... I hate it when that happens!  :angry: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

So true. I miss The Intimidator! Ole' #3 was my favorite.
... and Kyle's not toooo bad ... [choking sounds] ...  :cheesy: :cheesy: :grin: :cheesy: :cheesy: jk!

All joking aside - we are blessed to have nascar to argue over.  :cool:
Absolutely.

Happy Birthday Member!  Looks like a fun party!! Really neat stuff.......  Good idea on the smile box handle also!!
Thanks, Phillip!  It was a blast.     

Offline Lenabee

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 12:20:06 pm »
Beautiful way of expression! Will try it out on my one bee boxes :)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 01:12:07 pm »
Beautiful way of expression! Will try it out on my one bee boxes :)
Thanks, Lena, and welcome to Beemaster!  :smile:

anything