Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Berlin!  (Read 178 times)

Offline asfodeltreegiver

• New Bee
Hello from Berlin!
« on: May 03, 2024, 12:46:48 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm a new beekeeper about to establish my first colony. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid to work with bees and I'm now getting an amazing opportunity to take over two hives in a city park in Berlin from a long-time beekeeper who is retiring. I'll be focused on the most organic/natural means at every step and cannot wait to get started to learn from these amazing creatures!

I'm an American who moved to Germany about 4.5 years ago, but only moved to Berlin this year! This amazing opportunity fell into my lap after I apprenticed another beekeeper where I lived previously all last year.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you and learning from you as well! If you have any tips for brand new beekeepers, I'd be glad to hear them. I've studied and learned as much as I can, but there's always still more to learn I'm already finding. :) Thanks!

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Hello from Berlin!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 03:44:52 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, asfodeltreegiver!  :happy:  What a great opportunity!  Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or just post about how things are going.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 05:37:36 pm »
Welcome, asfodeltreegiver. There is plenty of information here and help from experienced beeks (not me, I'm new) to keep you going.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 08:27:20 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
I?ve been beekeeping since 2010 and I?m still learning. Bees are fascinating insects. I always tell new beekeepers that this hobby is very addictive because you are constantly learning.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 09:58:12 pm »
Hello asfodeltreegiver from Berlin! Looking forward to you interaction here at Beemaster!  Welcome!!!!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything