BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > THE TRADING POST

also looking for bees

(1/1)

Lesli:
Hi!
Looking for a swarm, a nuc, what-have-you in the Ithaca/Cortland/Elmira/Corning area of NY.

JamesWard:
Lesli,

I have a swarm box with swarm lure in it at my home North of Cortland.  I also have one at my parents in Lodi.  I can keep you posted if you'd like.  I am actually working on an idea (still in my head) about starting Nucs in my basement this winter.  My dad has the plans for 5 frame Nucs and says he is going to make me some, so all I will need to do is provide the frames and foundation.

I currently have 2 hives up and running.  Hive #1 I just added my 2nd hive body to (from a 3 pound package).  Hive #2 is a recent acquisition, but I bought it as a 5 frame Nuc and it is doing nicely.  Both came from http://www.buckeyebee.com/ Who were the only ones who still had bees when everyone else was out.  You might want to try them and see if the have anything still.

Peace,
Jim

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: JamesWard ---Lesli,

I have a swarm box with swarm lure in it at my home North of Cortland.  I also have one at my parents in Lodi.  I can keep you posted if you'd like.  
... Both came from http://www.buckeyebee.com/ Who were the only ones who still had bees when everyone else was out.  You might want to try them and see if the have anything still.

Peace,
Jim
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Jim. Please do keep me in mind.

I contacted Buckeye Bee yesterday, but haven't heard back. They still have nucs.

JamesWard:
I have found in my own personal experience that Buckeye does not readily respond to email questions or phone messages.  IF you left them a message or emailed them, I'd try calling them back a few times until you actually get a real live person!

Peace,
Jim

Lesli:

--- Quote from: JamesWard ---I have found in my own personal experience that Buckeye does not readily respond to email questions or phone messages.  IF you left them a message or emailed them, I'd try calling them back a few times until you actually get a real live person!

Peace,
Jim
--- End quote ---

Oh, great. Sigh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version